wtf!!!!!!!!!! overheating help

what did i do wrong? my car overheating was the whole reason everything went wrong in the first place. i get it all back together and its still overheating, put in a be cool radiator and a new thermostat (195) the top hose is hard as a rock i even put the thermostat in boiling water before i put it in and it opened up, tomorrow im going to put in a new waterpump just so i have every angle covered... is there a way to bleed our 94-95s when you put in coolant? i know normally you can see the water flowing in the rad but not mine it just bubbles up and out wtf is the problem? :mad: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :mad:

• Sponsors (?)

drakesdad said:
I have to ask...if you put the new therm and rad in did you let the car run without the cap on the rad and squeeze your line a few times to get all the air out........if not your car will overheat right away...

i did but maybe not long enough? how long do you do that for? does seem like there is a lot of air and no lie i drove it maybe 5 miles and my autometer read 250? when i filled it up it kept bubbling out finally i got aggravated and put the cap on and drove it and my a/c stopped coming on?

sick_azz_cobra said:
i did but maybe not long enough? how long do you do that for? does seem like there is a lot of air and no lie i drove it maybe 5 miles and my autometer read 250? when i filled it up it kept bubbling out finally i got aggravated and put the cap on and drove it and my a/c stopped coming on?
You could have several air "pockets" that will take some time to get out.....that's why I mentioned squeezing the top hose........you'll watch the temp guage go fluctuate as your doing this.....I did a head on a chevy cav and it took some time to get all the air out......

i ordered a new water pump so im going to wait till tomorrow when it comes in then ill change the thermostat again and the pump and start all over if that doesnt work im taking it to the woods and setting it on fire. you dont think there could be anything wrong with the intake or anything like that do you?

sick_azz_cobra said:
i was doing that but all it kept doing was overflowing out of the rad.... bad water pump maybe.. but when it was off i checked it and it seemed ok? i hate my car!
When you squeeze the hose and coolant bubbles up......does it then drop back down some..........it gets a little messy

sick_azz_cobra said:
yeah it goes back down then right back up...[/QUOTEThat sounds to me like the air pockets.............When I did the Cav for a friend I forgot to bleed the air out and within 3 to 5 miles the guage was pegged........I really don't think it could be your intake.....how far did you tear the engine down........did you pull the heads......if so is the gasket good.......no leaks...

The only problem with the intake would be if the gasket was not aligned correctly......you did a dry fit with the intake gasket right........the hissin'.......could be many things..........your def. close......it's the cooling system...you've ordered the waterpump....check the t stat and to be sure check the intake gasket........but you'll still have to bleed the air out......

sick_azz_cobra said:
i will do all that tomorrow and post results, if it doesnt change ill post pics of a burned up svt. thanks for all the input.
No problem...I'll be off with the kid all day and on line so holla at me.....You ARE on the path.....sometimes it takes to walk away for a bit and come back.....go enjoy your night and we'll tackle that beast tomorrow.....we've all wanted to torch 'em at one time....it'll be worth it....
Will