WTF? SES Light? WHY!!!

AmBo

Feb 3, 2004
New Jersey
Just casually driving out of my parking lot at work today and DING! On goes the Service ENgine Soon light...WTF! I was driving like a freakin' granny! THe engine only has 24,500 miles on it and NO mods under the hood...any ideas what could have set this off? ALl I have is my limited warrenty. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

AmBo said:
Just casually driving out of my parking lot at work today and DING! On goes the Service ENgine Soon light...WTF! I was driving like a freakin' granny! THe engine only has 24,500 miles on it and NO mods under the hood...any ideas what could have set this off? ALl I have is my limited warrenty. :bang:

No mods under the hood? Where's that K&N drop in filter you have.. in the trunk? :lol:

Uh anyway.. yeah have autozone pull them, and tell us. Disregard (ignore) any advice they give you about what the code means. 85% of the time they will say "Uh yeah, it's o2 sensor related, so replace the o2 sensor." or "Yeah it's fuel related.. replace your fuel injectors." .. and it's never the fix.

sgarlic said:
No mods under the hood? Where's that K&N drop in filter you have.. in the trunk? :lol:

Uh anyway.. yeah have autozone pull them, and tell us. Disregard (ignore) any advice they give you about what the code means. 85% of the time they will say "Uh yeah, it's o2 sensor related, so replace the o2 sensor." or "Yeah it's fuel related.. replace your fuel injectors." .. and it's never the fix.

Funny how it's always a solution they have in stock, ready to sell. :shrug:

I have to disagree on the Autozone code idea. Their codereaders will most likely only read a Generic code, example: a code starting in P0XXX. P1 and U codes are usually only able to be retrieved by factory or high-end aftermarket scantools. Also, there are B codes and some other module/vehicle specific codes.

And yes, DO NOT follow their advice, most of those guys don't know the first thing about fixing a vehicle, let alone something as sophisicated as a newer vehicle.

Just get the code pulled and i'm sure most of us here can get you through what it is.

If you have warranty, just take it to the dealer. I've seen too many customers try and fix it his/herself and just create a much bigger issue, and complicate the diagnosis. with that low of miles, it's probably nothing much at all. I have seen countless TSB's that just say re-program a PCM to some new calibration to deal with an issue that was not forseen at the factory at the time of programming.

just my .02