WTF! why is it

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
when i started ripping my car apart doing the torque boxes upper and lower control arms flipping my brakes new brake lines and hoses in the car getting my rear end gone over to replace the seals and such i see ranger axles after ranger axles pop up and i never got a set because my budget was pretty good and i was going to throw a set of mosers or something in it... and now that i got bought a house i have to throw this thing back together to move it to its new home i cant find anyone selling a set cheap...

WTF MATE!
bout to leave the car on jack stands at my moms house till i can build a 8.8 with 9 inch ends a spool and 35's.... this rushing to get **** done crap is for the birds!

• Sponsors (?)

yeah frustrating. 35's? I put in 33's and that was overkill IMO

down the road im sure ill be glad i have 35's. i know 33's will be good enough for whats thrown to it on a stock 302 block... but i cant say if this car will ever have a windsor or big block in it...

i did the 35 spline 8.8 then people was saying the spool would crack because the spool has to be bored out to big to fit the 35 spline axles and they break. i sold the 8.8 and went to a 9 inch with 40 spline axles,pro gears,spool and it was like 3 inches shorter on each side. i got it back braced and other braces on it. i think the total cost was around 5,000 for the rear end and other stuff

i did the 35 spline 8.8 then people was saying the spool would crack because the spool has to be bored out to big to fit the 35 spline axles and they break. i sold the 8.8 and went to a 9 inch with 40 spline axles,pro gears,spool and it was like 3 inches shorter on each side. i got it back braced and other braces on it. i think the total cost was around 5,000 for the rear end and other stuff

intersting.... might have to talk to my rear end guy about this...