WTH...15.0 @ 92 MPH?

Nik_95Cobra

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Tempe, Arizona
Hey guys..wonder if anyone has any ideas why my car ran so crappy tonight. It was 96 degrees with 30% humidity while I was there. Both runs felt perfect. Not a whole lot of spin out of the hole, good barks on 2n'd and 3rd, and powershifted 4th on both runs. Even preheated the Nitto 555R's! What'd it get me???

1st Run: .486 R/T, 2.2 60', 9.7 1/8th, 15.071 @ 92.12 MPH
2nd Run: .413 R/T, 2.2 60', 9.9 1/8th, 15.339 @ 92.93 MPH

I have no idea why it ran such womanly times and 60 foots. I did race a 99+ GT and it ran a 15.8, Think it was due to weather conditions or what? Hope so :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Nik_92Stang said:
Hey guys..wonder if anyone has any ideas why my car ran so crappy tonight. It was 96 degrees with 30% humidity while I was there. Both runs felt perfect. Not a whole lot of spin out of the hole, good barks on 2n'd and 3rd, and powershifted 4th on both runs. Even preheated the Nitto 555R's! What'd it get me???

1st Run: .486 R/T, 2.2 60', 9.7 1/8th, 15.071 @ 92.12 MPH
2nd Run: .413 R/T, 2.2 60', 9.9 1/8th, 15.339 @ 92.93 MPH

I have no idea why it ran such womanly times and 60 foots. I did race a 99+ GT and it ran a 15.8, Think it was due to weather conditions or what? Hope so :bang:

Was this your first time racing? What kind of altitude is the track at?
Sounds like everyone was running bad that day according to that 99 gt's time. So more than likely the heat was the problem.

Hey guys, I just got back from vacation in Colorado. Cool weather, :drool: rain, :drool: (its a good thing when you haven't seen a drop in four months or so), hella good time :drool: ...back to the daily grind :notnice:

Anyway, are you sure it was only 96* as its 98* right now? Also, it is really humid (for us anyway). I wouldn't be too worried about it.

So are all the Az guys getting together on Wed. or Fri.? I'll probably have to work on Wed. Oh, and if Nik is running 15's right now I don't think I'll race as 1.never been which = 2. I'd most likely be in the 16's :nonono: I'd like to meet all of you and check out the nice rides though should be fun.

Superdust, went to Firebird. Was 96 degrees with 30% Humidity. Last time @ the track I was around 7 MPH and about a half second faster, and that was without the nitto drags and 65mm t-body. And that thime it was only about 15 degrees cooler. My only consolation of the night was beating that 99+ GT as good as I did, he had exhaust, not sure what else. :nonono:

well if you beat a 99+GT pretty good and you ran those times, it sounds like it may not be your car, and it was more the conditions, and track....of course those 60's could come down quite a bit....you should be able to get some mid-high 1.xx's with the nittos...instead of low 2.xx's

yeah last time I went to the track it ran .4 slower and I had more done. I ran two 15.00 at like 94 mph. It was in the rain so I blame it on that. I got like 2.4 60's. after the two runs they closed the track.

Dustin

Well most likely it was the weather. I have a friend with a weather station that went out with me last wednesday, His car would usually run 14.8-14.9's and the weather station said He was going to run a 15.2. Yah It can make a huge difference. That wednesday I used his quick time pros and spun my tires bad when I hit 2nd. So I put my street tires back on. And I actually spun less. But my best was a 15.025 with a 2.38 60 foot. I will be there wednesday if thats what we decide on, I just hope they prep the track a lil better. Last wed they only glued the first 60 feet. I usually run 14.6 and or 14.4 with the O/R H wich I dont have right now :notnice: