X/A/D Plans - What are they?

air68

Apr 9, 2005
I'm new here. I am looking to buy an '05 Mustang and the information on these forums has been very helpful.

My dealer will sell me the car I want for the sticker price. I have seen some talk about X/A/D plans. What are they? Will this save me $$ and who are they available to?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Air68

• Sponsors (?)

I work for a Fortune 500 Utility Company in Atlanta and our company uses Ford for all of our fleet vehicles. All employees are entitled to an X-Plan discount (about $2500 off retail) at a participating Ford dealership.

Basically, there is an X-Plan company partnership phone number that you call to obtain your personal PIN number. You take the PIN print out with you to the Ford dealership and buy your car. I purchased my current 04 GT this way (right off the lot) and also ordered my new 05 GT this way.

Hope this helps - let me know if you need additional info.

-Shannon

ZenGirl35 said:
I work for a Fortune 500 Utility Company in Atlanta and our company uses Ford for all of our fleet vehicles. All employees are entitled to an X-Plan discount (about $2500 off retail) at a participating Ford dealership.

Basically, there is an X-Plan company partnership phone number that you call to obtain your personal PIN number. You take the PIN print out with you to the Ford dealership and buy your car. I purchased my current 04 GT this way (right off the lot) and also ordered my new 05 GT this way.

Hope this helps - let me know if you need additional info.

-Shannon

Shannon is right. The only other thing to keep in mind is that it's totally voluntary for the dealer to accept X plan (or any other Ford discount plan).