X/A/D Plans - where was (if) yours honored. N-S-E-W?

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by 2002GreyGT, Apr 7, 2005.

1. shanedog

shanedog New Member

I got A plan honored on the first 2005 Roush Convertable being delivered to Kansas City...I even got to pick everything I wanted for it :D
  2. graphicguy

graphicguy New Member

That's sad but still funny....the lower the income the bigger the SUV..... :rlaugh:

As I'm sure you've seen, the hybrid lovers are a different breed. They can't make the financial case in buying a hybrid, but even though we're driving very clean "regular" cars, the hybrid buyer kind of follows the hollywood crowd (in which the Prius is the vehicle of choice). Go figure.
  3. ZenGirl35

ZenGirl35 New Member

Sweet! Make sure to post pics for us to drool over!!
  4. PolkThug

PolkThug New Member

Which dealer? I'm just looking to get a Mustang GT on X-plan in the KC area.

Thanks
  5. damnisityellow

damnisityellow New Member

yep, the cool factor costs more. like the hummer, very cool and expensive chevy z71 with a square body.
  6. damnisityellow

now thats funny :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol: :rlaugh: :lol:
  7. shanedog

shanedog New Member

I will.....I am very excited. I ordered it from Thouroughbred Ford in Kansas City, MO just FYI
  8. shanedog

shanedog New Member

See below dumbass...... :fuss:

EY
    HELLO THIS IS ATHENE AT THOROUGHBRED FORD! I HAVE SOME
    GREAT NUMBERS FOR YOU ON THE A PLAN.

THE ROUSCH CONVERTIBLE WILL BE $38,523 WITH THE ROUSCH
    WHEELS.

THE BLUE ROUSCH COUPE WILL BE $35,437.86 WITH THE
    ROUSCH WHEELS AS WELL.

I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ON SATURDAY SO WE CAN GET
    YOU GOIN ON A THIS AWESOME CAR.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

ATHENE
    THOROUGHBRED FORD
  9. graphicguy

graphicguy New Member

Excuse my ignorance, but how can a Rousch be A planned? A plan pricing comes from Ford. Rousch, although based on the Mustang, pricing is Rousch pricing, not Ford's.

Are they really charging $10K over the MSRP of a Mustang GT or vert for different wheels and trim?
  10. topless beach

topless beach New Member

Even after you have the DORA in hand your order may not go in. I have 2 GT Verts on order from 2 diff dealers. The 1st one took a deposit and gave me the DORA dated 03-03, but the order is not yet in the system.

2nd dealer did not even ask for a deposit; gave me DORA dated 03-24, and as of today the robot lady says I'm "locked in for production for April 18th".

I've been promised x-plan but I'll believe it when I drive away.
  11. shanedog

shanedog New Member

From what I understand the car was A-planned (For example, went from about $35K to $30K) then the Roush accessories were like $8,700 and they took off $700 because of the A plan....so they discounted the Roush portion like 8%. Also, they (the dealer) makes a killing on Roush cars...for instance. They have not recieved enough 18" chrome Roush wheels/tires so they have been putting on crappy 17" bullit wheels and tires. In doing this they knock the price of the Roush package down $3,600 to $5,100. I just got back and told them to leave the wheels off because I can buy them for $1,400 for the set plus tires, so say $2,400 for wheels and tires. Then I can sell the 17" wheels and tires for say $400 so I have only $2,000 in wheels and tires instead of the $3,600 the dealership charges.....get me drift?
  12. damnisityellow

dumbass???// jokes still on you dude!!
  13. GT-03

GT-03 Member

:nice:

When you order or buy a Mustang under the X-plan (or any of the Ford discount plans), make sure that both you and the dealer read and sign Ford's "New Vehicle Purchase Plan/Lease Option, Customer/Dealer Agreement and Pricing Sheet" form.

Don't walk out of the dealer without this being signed by both parties!!!!
  14. GT-03

GT-03 Member

Remember, x-plan obligates you to take delivery on both GT verts if ordered under the plan. If you don't, then you are in violation of the plan rules and will get neither under the plan. :shrug:
  15. wastang

wastang New Member

X-Plan

Our dealer, Hines Park Ford, In metro Detroit ordered our GT on the x-plan.
  16. shanedog

shanedog New Member

Whats your problem....
  17. shanedog

shanedog New Member

Just FYI I have purchased an 04 EB Expedition (December of 03) and an 04 F-150 (August 04) both on A-plans. When the dealer I purchased these from got in the new 05's they were selling at $3,500 over sticker. Within the first few weeks of them coming out they agreed to sell the car at A-plan price plus the $3,500 they are getting for the premium. This basically equated to paying a few hundred less then sticker. From what I understand selling a car on A-plan does not hurt the dealer because they make it up on the back end from Ford. Not quite sure how it works, but I assure you they are still making tons of $ selling on A-plan. The back side of a transaction, finincing, Ford kick backs etc. is where the dealer makes their money, well that and the service department.
  18. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Member

Yellow can NEVER be wrong and doesn't like to hear about anyone getting a deal on a new Mustang, unless it is through him. :rolleyes:
  19. 2002GreyGT

2002GreyGT Member

Ford does give a kickback to the dealer, but I do not think it is anywhere close to what they make off selling the car retail at or above MSRP.

From my understanding:

The current problem is that the dealers are only allotted so many GT's, since they are spliting them up between all the dealers. So if a dealer is given 10 GT's to sell, they would rather sell all them at MSRP or Above, and make more money then sell on one of the plans.

This is where a dealer who cares about its customers differs from the ones who are out to make money!

With Fords sales slipping on SUV's some dealers may be hurting for cash and using the GT's to make up for it.
  20. 2002GreyGT

2002GreyGT Member

Found the following in ford Vehicle Purchase Plan.pdf that is linked above.

"Ford agrees to pay the Dealer the commission in effect under the applicable Plan. If a Participant does not accept delivery of the vehicle within five (5) working days of notification by the Dealer that the vehicle is available for delivery to the Participant, unless otherwise agreed to between Dealer and Participant, the Dealer is relieved of all obligations to Participant. The vehicle then becomes the responsibility of the Dealer and no commission will be paid."

So Ford does give commision to a dealer for using a plan, and as a buyer it looks like you can back out of a deal already made. :spot: