X and H pipe question

MAC Off Road X Pipe

Ok if I get this, should I buy headers, or can I wait on those. This X doesn't work with long tubes, is there a disadvantage with that? What's the best header combo I should get with this X Pipe. I know I'll see a power diff, probably around 10hp, but will I get a major sound diff? I already have flows on mine. Also, will these bolt right on behind my flows or will they have to make some adjustments.

-Thanks in advance,
Christian

• Sponsors (?)

Nope, you can use the stock headers with that H-Pipe. But I would wait and do the whole exhaust system together. Much less work if you do it all at once compared to piece by piece. If you are hell bent on staying shorty headers I would start with the headers and keep the Stock H. Look at the Headers and the huge crimps they have in each port.

it will bolt right up. unless your getting long tubes it will work. long tubes, you have to get a smaller mid-pipe. Ideally, i think, long tubes and x-pipe is the best setup. its the most direct exhaust path.

its alot easier to do the exhaust all at once, but you can piece it in.

as for the hp increase, i don't know about 10hp, but without the cats on there its gonna make a difference. The sound is going to be your big change. its gonna be alot louder.

I found a nice X Pipe from UPR Products. Link
Anyone here order from upr before? How was thier service? I heard they have free shipping.
Will this be a good X Pipe?

Also I heard the Bassani X Pipe was really good, I couldn't find them on the net though. Can anyone supply a link?

OK, this is coming purely second hand. But from what I seem to be reading as a common thought among folks with American Thunder cat-backs - go with an H pipe, not an X pipe. Either way you should pick up plenty of volume when you drop the cats (maybe too much with the Flowmasters). But it seems like most prefer the sound of an H pipe with the Flows, rather than the raspy X pipe (which doesn't really fit so well with Flows).

You might want to look at the MAC prochambers, if you REALLY want volume.

I have the Am. Thunder myself, and I have been looking into finishing off the rest of the exhaust too. I'm leaning toward LT headers and a catted H pipe, for my 2 cents. That should give good tone with plenty of flow.

Good luck either way. I ordered a short shift stick from UPR Products, and had no problems by the way.

The stock headers will give you the most performance with a stock motor!! An x-pipe is worth 3-5 more hp,has a higher pitch sound,and will be quieter!! The h-pipe will give you a a lower pitch rumble,their louder.But the x-pipe has a nice sound also :nice:

Yeah there is a sound difference in the H and the X for sure. Just like mentioned the X is raspy and the H is low rumble sound. I have MAC and I use the O/R X and the O/R H and the H is much louder and low toned. Either one would would be good for you b/c it'd better than stock H. IMO get the cheapest H you can get for under $150 and be done with it until you get headers which you prob don't need until you do an intake and heads.

What do you guys think of this one? Link

I don't plan on getting headers anytime soon so I guess it doesn't matter whether i get one that fits long tubes or shorties. With this H pipe, will it matter on what type of transmission I have?

Anyone order from 50resto before? How much would shipping be if I asked them to ship to Northern VA.

that link at 5.0 resto shows a h pipe for LT's. personally i have bbk equal length shorties, bbk o/r x pipe, and flow. amer. thunder catback, and am very pleased. i noticed a SOTP feel more with the x pipe than when i put my headers on.

like said above, an h pipe is generally louder and lower tone (more bass). the x pipe definitely gives a raspy sound, which imo sounds just as mean as an H pipe. i have been vry pleased with my bbk x.

why do people keep saying to get headers AFTER you get heads and intake????...i gained around 25rwhp/17rwtq when i tossed in my lts, offroad h, and borla catback on my stock motor....so you will see a bigger difference in power with LTs over shorties, so i would suggest LTs...i currrently have an offroad H and i LOVE how it sounds....but im buying an offroad X pipe just to see how it sounds with it on the borlas...ive heard flows with an x pipe and it sounds pretty [email protected]stly, its all about taste so dont worry, youll like it...its gonna scream with an offroad x or h pipe at wot!! just warning you :p ....anybody know how borlas sound with an offroad x and longtubes...damn!! i cant wait for my x pipe to get here!!! maybe ill gain 1 or 2 hp out of the swap :D