X-cal or Predator

OxMox

turkeysammichesonhisface
Mar 31, 2005
Palm Harbor, FL
I have a predator, but I have to see if Diablosport cna re-write it to be used again, cause I had to leave the tune in my old car due to the 4.10's. BUT if they can not re-write it then what should I go with. a SCT X-cal 2 or the Diablo Predator?... or even an SCT chip:shrug: :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Research their features, pick the one that suits you best, consider what the tuners around you use, blah, blah, blah...

I am getting tired of the "make a decision for me" threads. Do your due diligence and research, make a f'n informed decision. Try doing a Stangnet search, check the manufacturer websites...

Kilgore Trout said:
I am getting tired of the "make a decision for me" threads.

then dont read them.

asking people with first hand knowledge can be a lot more helpful than reading what the manufacturer website or someone elses previous thread says. everyone's situation is different. of course diablosport is going to say "buy our tuner" and SCT will say "no, no, buy OUR tuner"

just for that trout, im going to ask what gears i should get for my torch red 02 gt w/slp x-pipe and cat-back and pine tree air-freshener and......

jk, you're still the little teddy bear that introduced me to the bullittarchives along time ago. :)

OxMox said:
I have a predator, but I have to see if Diablosport cna re-write it to be used again, cause I had to leave the tune in my old car due to the 4.10's. BUT if they can not re-write it then what should I go with. a SCT X-cal 2 or the Diablo Predator?... or even an SCT chip:shrug: :shrug:

First, I don't see the logic in having left the tune from a $300 flash tuner in your former car, rendering it useless at least for now, unless the buyer compensated you for it. And if he/she did, they weren't real smart because they didn't get the Predator with the tune. Simply adjusting for 4.10s could have been done with a $50 SpeedCal when you sold it.

That being said, you have the advantage of having used a Predator already, and if you liked it stay with it. If you didn't like it, get an XCal 2.

helty said:
then dont read them.

asking people with first hand knowledge can be a lot more helpful than reading what the manufacturer website or someone elses previous thread says. everyone's situation is different. of course diablosport is going to say "buy our tuner" and SCT will say "no, no, buy OUR tuner"

just for that trout, im going to ask what gears i should get for my torch red 02 gt w/slp x-pipe and cat-back and pine tree air-freshener and......

jk, you're still the little teddy bear that introduced me to the bullittarchives along time ago. :)

Get 3.73's, I've heard that 4.10's kill your gas mileage.

helty said:
then dont read them.

:rlaugh:

for gears, i'd suggest some 4.56 at least.. or maybe some 5.13's.. never know what you're gonna wanna go rock crawlin :rlaugh:

jk man!

Give Me TP said:
Get 3.73's, I've heard that 4.10's kill your gas mileage.

actually i already had the 4.10s installed this weekend. just making a reference to probably the most popular "which one" question that gets asked here.

4.10s can actually improve gas mileage around town. if you can stay out of the throttle, which i sadly cant. on the highway, you will suffer.

helty said:
then dont read them.

asking people with first hand knowledge can be a lot more helpful than reading what the manufacturer website or someone elses previous thread says.
Yeah, you're right Helty... Should have just not posted instead of posting harshness...

helty said:
actually i already had the 4.10s installed this weekend. just making a reference to probably the most popular "which one" question that gets asked here.

4.10s can actually improve gas mileage around town. if you can stay out of the throttle, which i sadly cant. on the highway, you will suffer.

I know, that was a joke, as in the "I've heard..." part we see so often.

I have 4.10s also and wouldn't have it any other way.

Kilgore Trout said:
Yeah, you're right Helty... Should have just not posted instead of posting harshness...
i know where you're coming from, not trying to bash you trout. hope it didnt come off that way. if it did i'll insert more smilies next time. we all know you're a regular contributor to the boards.

Give Me TP said:
I know, that was a joke, as in the "I've heard..." part we see so often.

I have 4.10s also and wouldn't have it any other way.

wow, i cant believe i let that one go right over my head. im usually the one trying to make little jokes in every post. i think i've been a little too serious lately. time to go run down some kids in the stang. good one. :nice:

o0akoni0o said:
while you're deciding between the xcal2 or predator it's all a good idea to see what the tuners in your area are using if you're gonna be going to them for a tune.

Yeah I did that yesterday, the biggest an dbest tuner in my area is using Diablosport. So I think i'll go with that, plus I already have a good feel for it

i've got a predator.. works good enough for me. i would like to see them offer the chipmaster revolution software for it though, but who knows when that's going to happen. they have sat on their asses for a long time putting it off and saying 'eventually'. regardless of the extra software potential, i'm happy with it as is and would buy another if i bought another stang.

OxMox said:
Diablo can give you $100 (return) off in exchange for buying a new one, they reburn the predator and resell it, they will not reburn it for you.
waste of money, keep it and use it as a scan tool and go out and buy a REAL tuner like SCT