X mas gifts

so what are u guys asking for x mas ? im asking for a shortthrow shifter and Roush racing leather seats .... but im thinking because today i came home and i see a ups guy leave my house and my dad run away with some car parts in a box.....

• Sponsors (?)

Just sold my leased RSX and bought my wife a new Jeep Cherokee. Yesterday, my wife said part of my Christmas present will be a "car fund." She's already put money in it and will add to it on each pay check. She wants me to save it to do some big things this summer (seats, Cobra brakes, MM panhard bar, and MM torque arm). I didn't think this would be possible this year, but the Jeep purchase actually helped matters. Last year, she put together the finances for my suspension stuff.

I'm getting a cobra hood and mac white face gauges for christmas but I gotta buy polyurethane motor/tranny mounts so I guess those will be a christmas present to myself lol.

I didn't ask for it(just ordered it myself) but yesterday a big brown truck dropped of a new g.pounder k member,a arms and coil overs!! My wife just said"now what the heck are you doing"? I said"Just go back in the house honey,you know its the season for getting,I mean giving".

:lol: hahhaha good stuff man.

My mom asked me what i wanted for xmas. I would tell her but there is no way she would understand the words that were coming out of my mouth because of course they would be car parts and she isn't too knowledgable about that stuff. So i told her just to give me either a big wad of money or some air tools and a compressor.

I grew up with only my mother since my parents divorced when i was age 8. Its been hard to learn as much as i have about working on cars compared to some of you guys that have dads that can teach you daily about the stuff. I can do pretty much anything at home but it takes so much damn time with just regular backyard tools and its not easy on my hands either. I get busted knuckles, cuts, bruises on every job i do. So for me, im deffinately asking for air tools.

Merry xmas stangers!!

I asked for any of the following:

steeda 4 bolt caster camber plates

strange adjustable struts

strange adjustable shocks

Hopefully I'll get some of these as they will help me in my goal to do my entire front suspension (K member, coil overs, a arms, etc) by April. I can't do it alone as its $$$.

And for those that want car parts but those buying for you have no idea what they are and where to get them do this. I type up a list with instructions as to what the best price I found was and where to get it. I even included info on how to get summitt to price match parts I wanted for those that may buy them. I include phone numbers, and even specific people to talk to if its a company I have a relationship with. This works VERY well and its more fun to see car parts under the tree than an envelope of money. Car parts are all I ever ask for come Christmas and my birthday.

Here's an example of what I gave my parents and my wife:

Strange Engineering adjustable struts:
Part number: S6005LM
Summitt carries them but they list them for more than Strange does selling them direct. Tell Summitt that Strange’s website (http://www.strangeengineering.net) list them for $111.43/each and I need 2 of them. If you order from Summitt they do not charge for shipping, only a minimal handling fee which I’m pretty sure is cheaper than the shipping would be directly from strange.

I got a 6X8 foot shed coming. Turning the garage into a shop. I usually get money and gift cards (Sears, Harbor Freight, etc.). I don't ask for parts anymore since the stuff I want now is way too expensive. My wife bought half the car and about 75% of the parts on it anyway.

hahahaha paul.....i did the exact same thing for my grandparents...they didnt know wut to get me so i wrote em a list of the 2 autometer gauges i wanted and the pod, and all the part numbers, and the prices, and the phone number for summit......works like a charm.....we have to pass on this valuble infor to all people who have specific items they want :nice: