X-Pipe and H-Pipe?

My_Little_Pony

Dec 23, 2003
Renton, WA
I am looking to purchase one of the two....before I do, I wanna know which is better :shrug: . What is the difference between the H-Pipe and X-Pipe? I notice the X-Pipe has two cat's and the H-Pipe has one. So, any suggestions, would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!!!

• Sponsors (?)

My_Little_Pony said:
I am looking to purchase one of the two....before I do, I wanna know which is better :shrug: . What is the difference between the H-Pipe and X-Pipe? I notice the X-Pipe has two cat's and the H-Pipe has one. So, any suggestions, would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!!!

this is something you should really search on, you'll find more info than what people are probably gonna say, and theres like 10,000 threads :D

Since the search didn't help much I'll show you the difference ....

[size=+10]H[/size]
That's an H pipe ... it comes in O/R (off-road) versions and hi-flow (with 2 cats). When you rev your engine it sounds like ... HhhhhhHhhhhhHhhhhhHhh

[size=+10]X[/size]
That's an X pipe ... it also comes in O/R and hi-flow versions too. When you rev your engine with this one it sounds like XxxxxXXxxxxXXXxxxxxxXXXXxx. Some X's can also sound like HHHHHxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXX if you have a straight through X. Chambered X's can sound like ... XXXXXXXXXXX.

01'TRUE BLUE GT said:

[size=+10]H[/size]
That's an H pipe ... it comes in O/R (off-road) versions and hi-flow (with 2 cats). When you rev your engine it sounds like ... HhhhhhHhhhhhHhhhhhHhh

[size=+10]X[/size]
That's an X pipe ... it also comes in O/R and hi-flow versions too. When you rev your engine with this one it sounds like XxxxxXXxxxxXXXxxxxxxXXXXxx. Some X's can also sound like HHHHHxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXX if you have a straight through X. Chambered X's can sound like ... XXXXXXXXXXX.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Generally an H-pipe will give you more of a deep bassy exhaust note or sound more muscle car like. Also the H-pipe favors low end torque. The X pipe sounds more exotic or raspy as some say. The bbk and bassani X sound raspy IMO. A dr.gas X-pipe has an H-pipe tone to it I've heard. And a X-pipe favors top-end horsepower. In my experience I've had an o/r bassani X and it seemed to pull hard from idle all the way to the redline, especially from 3,000 rpm's up. Now I have a bbk o/r H and it seems to pull good from 2,500 rpms up to redline. My hp/trq seems to be flatter with the H-pipe. I wish I had a dyno to back those SOTP feelings up. Hope that helps. :nice:

01'TRUE BLUE GT said:

[size=+10]H[/size]

[size=+10]X[/size]

:scratch:
:rlaugh:

H

X

Thanks True Blue, your a world of help..... :rlaugh: :lol: :rolleyes: Next time I will remember not to be new to something, cause if your new people are sarcastic!!!!

01'TRUE BLUE GT said:

[size=+10]H[/size]

[size=+10]X[/size]

:lol: :rlaugh: