X pipe instal UPDATE

Mustanggt108

Sep 23, 2005
I just installed the MustangTuning o/r X pipe. I had super delta 40's welded in . ummm white smoke right after the instal is a must for a little bit.The install was straight forward.Good price , and Performance wise:
i felt a real good gain from mid to top althought i lost some torque.but mid and top power feels too good.The Sound is pretty Nice , not too loud , just around 2000-3000 rpm after that its not that loud.
I raced the exact same car , that i raced before i got the o/r X pipe and he was about half a car infront of me.I raced him from 2nd gear(traction issues:( )This might be hard to believe, but i was 3-4 cars ahead on the same EXACT road.But that was also with the 91 tune i just got. And yes it was an LS1 :D
Overall , the MustangTuning o/r pipe is a Good choice, i totally recomend it:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

oh yah here are some pics of stock H.Notice how rusty it is

Attachments

• Image001.jpg
    Image001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 94
  • Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 66
WOW, whats the deal with the H????? Thats insane, my 04 had the two up front and the two in the middle...thats it.(4) I bet your car was SLOW before the O/R X...man, must have been a HUGE differece. The difference my O/R X made was incredible...i can only imagine what your gained.

Did you buy the car used?

hotmustang331 said:
WOW, whats the deal with the H????? Thats insane, my 04 had the two up front and the two in the middle...thats it.(4)

I'm wondering this too! Every Mustang I've bought has had the 4 cat pipe from the factory, and I'm in California.. how did that ugly POS get on there!? :crazy:

I wonder if they put 4 cats and 2 resonators on the '04s :shrug: . I've seen a similar setup on a '04 F-150.

Congrats on the install. Now start planning the next mod.:nice:

BLUE03GT said:
Hate to be the first to call it but ... :bs:

you did not beat an LS1 just b/c you added an O/R X Pipe... you can not beat an LS1 with just those mods :nono:
Call it BS all day long.Ignorant will always remain ignorant.I never lie when it comes to racing.Stock LS1's can even get close and thats a FACT whatever you say wont change that:nono:

hotmustang331 said:
^My 04 doesnt :shrug: . Thats actually the first i have ever seen like that. even the 02 bongs are WAY back there, I bet he didnt even need 02 extentions. My stock ones were close, and wouldnt reach the O/R xs bongs.

well i think i have 6 because this is an oversea Mustang.It might have a different set up :)
and no i didnt need any extensions at all.My back O2 sensors are OFF stock , i dont even have them :D