x-pipe install advice?

o0akoni0o

Oct 26, 2004
Fremont, CA
i just ordered my upr o/r x-pipe and its going on as soon as i get it. anyways, i'm gonna be doing it myself in my garage with the car on jackstands and was wondering if you guys have any advice on the install in general? i know to soak the bolts with penetrating oil the night before, using the jack to support the stock h, but is there anything else? like whats the best way to attack stubborn bolts, as well as the manifold bolts?

• Sponsors (?)

try to let the car cool down for a couple of hours and make sure you have plenty of extensions and swivels

having a friend around, especially on the install, helps out alot

took me, my cousin and my friend around 14-15hrs to install my prochamber.
that includes a short cool down (mistake), 2 runs to autozone, one trip to napa, one trip to ace hardware, two lunch breaks, one nap, one trip to HEB (grocery store) for chicken and one bbq with friends.

i can probably do it now in about 1 hr :nice:

larlar said:
40.00 dollars and i let the local shop install it's worth it
well i live in the bay area where shops already charge you an arm and a leg. plus the fact that its illegal to remove any cats whatsoever, who knows how much they would charge me. other than that, thanks for all the advice guys, oh and why so many problems with the passenger side?

I just got my H pipe in last week and have a question, my passenger pipe, where it bolts ot the manifold that connector is welded sliod to teh pipe, where the driver side moves, is it suppose to be like that?