X Pipe Installation

when you get the stock hpipe off , replace the studs in the manifolds with regular studs , the factory ones have a flange on the stud that keeps you from tightening it up really tight , use blue loctite and lock washers with brass nuts . you will be just fine if you do this , otherwise a leak is likely

• Sponsors (?)

2002BLGT said:
when you get the stock hpipe off , replace the studs in the manifolds with regular studs , the factory ones have a flange on the stud that keeps you from tightening it up really tight , use blue loctite and lock washers with brass nuts . you will be just fine if you do this , otherwise a leak is likely
regular studs as in regular ford bolts?

regular as in not ford , as in NAPA , autozone , any parts store , just take the old ones out , you will see the shoulder they have on them you want some that are threaded all the way up so you can get them good and tight . take the old ones out and take them with you to a parts store and tell them to match the threads up so you dont make several trips to the store .

2002BLGT said:
regular as in not ford , as in NAPA , autozone , any parts store , just take the old ones out , you will see the shoulder they have on them you want some that are threaded all the way up so you can get them good and tight . take the old ones out and take them with you to a parts store and tell them to match the threads up so you dont make several trips to the store .
ohhh ok gotcha. thanks!

If you have a swivel you will do just fine. very easy. took me 45min. it took me the longes to get the o2 sensors unplugged to drop the pipe because I have fat hands. I had the vrs pipe and it is two piece so intalling by myself was easy. basically if you have a floor jack, jackstands, swivel and the right sockets there is no reason it can't be done in an hour or so. I would say 30min would be possible with air tools.

I would recomend changing the studs out. I did not and I think I may have a very small leak. I know the bolts are tight but it may be the factory studs. I am going to revist this in a the next couple weeks. It may just be my inmagination but twice since I intalled I have got a little pop on deceleration. I will say this is a nice feature of the vrs pipe because the second piece is the pass side so I can play with that connection with out removing the pipe.