x-pipe installed

rrl

Aug 29, 2003
i installed a pypes x-pipe with cats on my 02 gt and was wondering how long will it take the computer to recalibrate since the battery was disconnected while doing the install ? also will it go back to the stock tune or back to the custom tune i had from my sct excalabrator before the install? also, it seems to be running very rich when i statred it up.is this normal with a new system not yet driven ? also i goosed it a little and it didn't feel like normal,thats why i'm wondering if it lost the tune? will i have to change any settings on it when it runs good again supposing its something like the computer recalibrating ?answers to any of these questions would be appreciated !

• Sponsors (?)

I can't answer exactly how many drive cycles it takes for the PCM to relearn strategies (50 maybe,) but do you actually see black smoke from the pipes? A little smell is normal for a hundred miles or so while the oil on the pipes burns off, and while the surrounding coating on the underside of the car cures, but since it's a catted system, the smell shouldn't be too bad. My stench was HORRIBLE with my o/r pipe.. and it never went away.. tailpipe emissions just stink.

Anyways, I would definately reload the tune. The car SHOULD feel a little different with that pipe on, however it should be the feeling of a power gain in the mid to upper RPM range.

no black smoke but definitely smells like a very rich fuel mixture.i turned off the 02 sensors on the sct flasher and wonder if that has an effect on it.

i originally ordered an x-pipe without cats but didn't find out until a few days after, that they were back ordered and since i had everything apart, i reordered an x-pipe w/cats because i could get them much faster.anyway during the interim and being bored with nothing to do but wait ,i used the sct to turn them off. i did this before reordering again with the cats.i'll have to change it again though and turn them on.