X-pipe Or H-pipe????

I am relatively new to the scene and was just curious; is there much of a difference between an x-pipe and an h-pipe with regards to performance and sound? I have a set of Flowmaster mufflers on a 99GT and am planning on an off road something or other to go with them. A little guidance would be appreciated. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

lots would say H-pipe goes with a chambered muffler such as flowmasters and X-pipe goes with straight through mufflers like borla or magnaflows. But everyone has their own opinion about sounds. I prefer traditional muscle car sound so i went with MRT stainless steel o/r H-pipe with magnaPACKS.. LOUD.

X-pipes will give you great higher end with better performance
h-pipes give you better lower end but less HP's.
Thing about MRT H-pipes is it gained the exact same amount of RWHP as Dr. Gas X-pipes did so you get the best of both worlds (sound and performance) that being another reason why i went with my MRT pipe.

All in all, i would say x-pipes sound more euro racy sounding if you will and H-pipes traditional muscle car sounding. Both are really great sounds. If you want you could try mustangexhaust.com or something and listen to samples. Hint: sound clips do not justify the real sound.. NEVER.. good luck

btw. yes, i'm korean.. heh

KaPPaBaLL said:
lots would say H-pipe goes with a chambered muffler such as flowmasters and X-pipe goes with straight through mufflers like borla or magnaflows. But everyone has their own opinion about sounds. I prefer traditional muscle car sound so i went with MRT stainless steel o/r H-pipe with magnaPACKS.. LOUD.

X-pipes will give you great higher end with better performance
h-pipes give you better lower end but less HP's.
Thing about MRT H-pipes is it gained the exact same amount of RWHP as Dr. Gas X-pipes did so you get the best of both worlds (sound and performance) that being another reason why i went with my MRT pipe.

All in all, i would say x-pipes sound more euro racy sounding if you will and H-pipes traditional muscle car sounding. Both are really great sounds. If you want you could try mustangexhaust.com or something and listen to samples. Hint: sound clips do not justify the real sound.. NEVER.. good luck

btw. yes, i'm korean.. heh

THAT IS EXACTLY THE KIND OF INFORMATION I WAS LOOKING FOR, THANK YOU. :hail2:

for sale

I have a flowtech hpipe that i will sell you for 100 bucks if you pay the shipping , if you are interested email me at [email protected] , you will need MIL eliminators which im keeping for future use with my long tube setup , and i highly recommend replacement of the factory studs with regular studs , i have a brand new extra gasket that i got sent to me from flowtech which is better material than they send with the new ones out of the box to go with it , sounds mean with two chambers , VERY MEAN