X-pipe question

• Sponsors (?)

Nope, it will bolt right up to your car. And BTW, with and OR midpipe your car will eventually throw a code, so MIL's or a tuner are necessary to not have the CEL on all the time and have it run rich all the time.

Do it and don't look back. My advice would be to get the tuner if you can afford spending the extra cash. Your car is going to throw that code as soon as you start driving after the install.

I tried the MILs and they didn't work...from what I hear that is a pretty common thing too. The tuner not only turns the rear O2 sensors off but also is capable of some other things as well. Worth the money if you ask me.

Plus in MD we have emissions checks every year. They plug the CPU up to my car and it passes every time, even though you can clearly hear the O/R x-pipe. Just don't get pulled over and you'll be set. :nice:

Seeing that you are in MD consider your inspection requirements. No cats = no pass if a visual is required. You may be better off to buy one instead of trade so that you can still swap the stocker on for inspection time.

Seeing that you are in MD consider your inspection requirements. No cats = no pass if a visual is required. You may be better off to buy one instead of trade so that you can still swap the stocker on for inspection time.

Well I was looking into the SLP x-pipe and supposedly they all come with cats, you have to buy their race pipes to replace the cats to make it o/r. I talked to the guy that wants to trade and he said that he still has the cats also.

and about the MILS/tuner. . .i currently dont have the money for the tuner, otherwise I would buy one now. . .but i think he is going to include his MILS with the pipe. . .so I get o/r x-pipe, 2 high-flow cats, and 2 mils all for just my stock h-pipe. :nice:

SLP discontinued the straight pipe cat replacement pipes. I have been trying to get my hands on a pair for my 02 GT. If your deal falls through with that guy let him know that i will buy his straight pipes off of him!

:)

That's a sweet deal...should make your car sound pretty sick without the cats.

I just took mine over to Annapolis for inspection two months ago and they didn't do a visual. As long as the computer passes it, so do they. Just watch yourself if you do decide to keep the straight pipes on. I have had a cop look underneath my car and "inquire" about my missing cats. Easiest way to spend $50. (Just a work order though).

I think if those MILS actually by-pass you should be fine anyway. Almost the perfect time of the year for it too. Ritchie Hwy is calling your name :D

Awesome, thanks for responses everyone. Just trying to set up a time when the guy and I get together to swap pipes. . .ill make sure I post a clip. Right now im just running the flowmasters american thunder catback, so im gonna do a comparison clip.

lol about ritchie hwy. . .i haven't been out there in forever. might have to definitely check it out again one night though.