X pipes worth it? Which one you like best?

Going to order some stuff soon. 2 1/2 X pipe with high flow cats being one thing. I have Mac equal length shorties which BTW I like and have had on and off a few times, no probs re installing them at all...

Which catted X pipes guys/gals using?
What was the cost?
How did it fit?

In general which do you think is the best one out there. I have been eyeing up the BBK catted "X chamber" pipe....

Or should I save my money and just get a 2 1/2" high flow catted H, and not jump on the "X" bandwagon??? Anyone actually proven that the 2 1/2" X pipes [catted or not] make that much more, if any, HP over a 2 1/2" H pipe to make the extra expense worthwhile? Specially on a stock engine [fer now].

• Sponsors (?)

I hear that the prochamber is the best way to go for power, but i have an o/r h (mac) on mine and i noticed a 10-15hp butt dyno increase over stock... i don't have any experience but i've heard the x is better for horsepower in the upper rpm range and the h is better for low rpm torque. The best if i had to guess would prolly be bassani and it trickles down in quality and performance prolly from there... a lot people have varied opinions on quality and fit. I haven't had any problems ever with mac but I hear they're the worst for quality with bbk being a step up. With cats the average price of an x-pipe should be around 300 maybe a little more.. I think one of the magazines (mmff, or 5.0) proved that the x was a little better at developing power over the h, but i don't remember if the engine was heavily modified or closer to stock.. hope this helps... either way, from what i gather you buy the crossover pipe mainly for the sound with performance gains being secondary... you can find the sounds on the net, just do a search... good luck..

i would go Dr. Gas for an X but i dont think u can get cats on it...y are u gonna run cats? i would just swap it when its emissions time. if not i would go Bassani next, but thats gonna run u like High 400s for a catted one tho. I try, and tell others to stay away fromthe cheaper brand midpipes as fitment is sometimes a problem.

Anything will flow better than the stock heavy kinked 4 catted H pipe.

It seems that people who get the pro-chamber all say they really noticed a good increase in power all over the tach. There seems to be no debate on it. It seems to be the only product MAC makes worth a crap in most people's opinion. While those with the X claim top end gains with a little low end loss, some swear they ran stronger with the H pipe. I don't really think it will matter much with a catted pipe.

Personally I like the sound of my exaust. I would like to find someone with BBK longtubes and a X and maby some different mufflers and do a swap just to see how I like it. I think my next choice would be a pro-chamber.

1. Always take those HP claims with a large grain of salt. A modified engine with a stock exhaust will have a much larger response to exhaust mods than a stock engine. The other thing is how the HP is measured, chassis or engine dyno. Furthermore, most exhaust (and other) mods will increase power by a small percentage of what the engine is capable of, not some predetermined number, like 10, 15, or 25HP.

2. Fit and finish, it's hard to beat Bassani. However, you get what you pay for. Bassani parts are more expensive than their competitors.

3. A stock engine, with headers, 2.5" X-pipe, and cat-back system will likely push the HP up by 10%, or so. There really won't be that much difference with an H-pipe or Pro-chamber, either. Certainly, nothing you are going to feel around town because the HP comes on at the high end, not at low RPM. X-pipes show their superiority over H-pipes on highly modified engines that see a lot of RPM. That said, if you are serious about modifying the car, then stick with an X-pipe. If it is going to be a fast street car, then go with what seems to be most economical, because it probably won't matter a whole lot. Rarely do you feel 20, 30, or even 40 HP by the "seat of your pants" unless it is off-idle like with a blower or turbo, so you aren't going to miss 2-3HP by going with an H-pipe.

Just me....