X plan question

SnotRocketGT

Jul 29, 2010
So I've got my mustang ordered and I signed up for the Mustang Club of America a few days later. Should I wait till I go do the final paper work to drop the X plan on them or tell them now?

Do they HAVE to honor the X plan price?

• Sponsors (?)

So I've got my mustang ordered and I signed up for the Mustang Club of America a few days later. Should I wait till I go do the final paper work to drop the X plan on them or tell them now?

Do they HAVE to honor the X plan price?

First you want to make sure your dealer participates in x-plan. If they do, they will have to honor the price. Just call them up and say you have x-plan and you want a modified quote.

X-Plan will be just under invoice + $275 admin fee and it caps any doc fees at $75.

First you want to make sure your dealer participates in x-plan. If they do, they will have to honor the price. Just call them up and say you have x-plan and you want a modified quote.

X-Plan will be just under invoice + $275 admin fee and it caps any doc fees at $75.

Thanks for the reply! Called the dealer and asked, they do participate in the x plan:nice:

Now we'll see what the salesman says...

My Experience ...

I got burned by a dealership on the X-plan. Heres what happened:

Salesman said they would honor it. I ordered the car and gave them a down payment ($500.00). Six months later I get a call from the dealership manager, tells me that the car is being built, and asked how I planned on doing the financing. I told him I was getting my own financing and using the X-plan. He tells me the salesman I worked with no loger works there, and he would not honor the x-plan. Tells me he is going to get 6k over invoice on this car. ( remember this was in Sept of 04 so supplies were limited at the time) I told him there was no f'n way I was going to pay that and I wanted my deposit back. Took me six f'n weeks to get my money back from those stinking f'n pricks. So GET IT IN WRITTING, oherwise; it dont mean ****.

X plan is something former or current Ford workers can get for their friends. Many corporations who supply Ford also can get it. Mustang Club of America in recent months worked out a deal with Ford to get it for all members. You would have to join the club, if that is to be your source. Details of how to do it, I believe, are on the club's website.
I have found that dealers will tend to give you less for a trade if you are using X plan. Ford limits dealers to the profit they can make through an X plan deal. My dealer claims they only make about $500 off such a sale. I don't know if I believe that because of volume rollbacks, or whatever, they are called and other pricing plans. Also, if you move enough vehicles I think $500 profit on a vehicle is pretty good. If you are not trading a car in or can sell your trade-in yourself, than a lower trade-in value would not be an issue. I have bought my last half dozen vehicles (I trade a lot. Too much in fact). on X plan. I only wish I could get A plan.

After briefly talking with the sales manager he said absolutely no problem on honoring the x plan...But, my trade in will most likely go down because of the deal I was getting before I mentioned using the x plan. He couldn't give me exact numbers because they don't have the invoice yet so we'll see. He did say he thinks I'll save about 1k from what I was getting before. But if they try to screw me on my trade in that kind of negates that...So the waiting for my Mustang continues.