X-Plan

gwsword

Apr 22, 2008
Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I'll try anyway. I would like to purchase an 08 Mustang Bullitt and would greatly appreciate receiving an X-plan pin from someone that has one available.

Thanks very much for your help.

• Sponsors (?)

One other question for you guys. I have read in a couple of places that if you own Ford stock, you can get an x-plan pin from Ford. Does anyone know if that is true?

You must be the actual stockholder from my understanding - aka, you do not qualify if you invest in mutual funds that have money in Ford. Call Ford stockholder relations and ask.

On an interesting note, I discovered that 2008 Shelby GT's are now eligible for X-plan plus $1,000 rebate plus 3.9% for 36 months.

hello hope this isn`t a dumb question but what is an X-plan

The X-plan program offers the purchase (or lease) of vehicles at Ford Motor Co.'s at 4 percent over the Ford Employee price.

Xplan_Header.jpg

One other question for you guys. I have read in a couple of places that if you own Ford stock, you can get an X-plan pin from Ford. Does anyone know if that is true?

Yes, its true - but you'll need your Ford stock holder ID number ... and then apply for an X-plan number.

not something that is easily retrieved on short notice.

Please let us know if you're successful in getting your Bullitt on the X-plan ...

I'm wanting to do the same thing.

Hello,

Just wanted to respond that I did receive an X-Plan pin number after I bought a few shares of Ford stock. Called the number at Ford and after I showed them that I am a stockholder they gave me a pin right away.
As far as finding a dealer willing to honor X-Plan on a Bullitt, that was more difficult. I am in the Chicago area and I must have called 20 suburban dealers and none would sell on X-Plan. I started calling dealers a little further away from the city and had more success. Found three dealers in a row that said they would sell on X-Plan. Lesson is you need to get a little further away from the big cities. Process was a peice of cake. Love the car.

If you can still dig up any 2008's that might be a better deal...... They were offering 0.9% interest vs. the 3.9%. Well worth the look.

I got the car about 45 days ago. I searched up the 2008's with the options I wanted. There were some Bullitts and Shelby's out there. However, special editions were not included in the special rate.

I got a 2008 Vapor Grey GT. I have a 3.55 rear, Premium Interior Upgrade, Shaker 500 and 18" Chrome Rims. Basically the same as a Bullitt without the CAI. That's just about $600 with a tuner. Other than that, identical to a 2009 with the exception of the 45th Anniversary badge. If you have any 2008's in the area, check it out........ you might get yourself a great deal. The 3% difference nets me about $35 a month in the payment. I put absolutely nothing down on cars.

Good shopping!

Unfortunately my HR person is kinda new so she didn't know the answer and I'm impatient, so I found the number for Ford's program headquarters and they confirmed that my company does get it.

Yes they do have the employee pricing going on right now but I want to get a 2010 or '11, depending on what happens with the engine.

Thanks for the help!

sorry this is probably a dumb question but, how can a dealer refuse to honor the plan? It seems like of course they would never "want" to sell a car on a plan because that is selling a car for less money but if it is a program they should have to honor it.