X vs. H

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidCapri50

Sep 8, 2005
I know there is dispute between the x pipe and h pipe, but I personally like the sound of the x. Plus not to mention it work a lot better than an h.

Who here runs an x w/o cats? Any input on performance and sound?

• Sponsors (?)

I had an X with cats. It probably would've sounded really good If I had better mufflers to go with it. Now I have an O/R X and different mufflers and love it. as far as power goes, I honestly cant tell you. Im sure I gained something. but an exact number, I dont know.

from what i hear an x gives you more of that nascarish sound. the H will give you the old musle car sound. As far as perfomance, I dont know if one is better than the other. I run an o/r x and love it.

I was able dig this up.

Is an "X" pipe better than and "H" pipe?
Over the years, Flowmaster's testing of all types of crossovers, including "X pipes", has revealed no substantial benefits over a properly installed "H" pipe on street driven applications. However, in race applications with small cubic inch engines and /or restricted (small bore) carburetors, will respond well to the addition of X pipes, tri-y styled collectors and/or properly designed single exhaust systems.

I have an o/r X, and my buddy has an o/r H, and we both have magnapacks. As far as we can tell, sound is about the only noticeable difference between the two. As someone already said, my X sounds a bit more raspy than his, but in my opinion, his sometimes is borderline truck sounding. I really like the sound of my setup.

someone did a dyno test on this once. i wish i could find it. but here is what it said from what i remember. up to 5200 the H pipe made more power than the X and after 5200, only like 4 horse difference. but the midrange was far better with the H. and the torque was higher with the H. i personally like the american muscle sound but to each his own.

ahhh good'ol "X or H" debate...
for what we use our car for, X or H makes very little difference. Its purely sound deffirence. If you like sound of X, go with X. I like traditional muscle car sound, hense the H

Status
Not open for further replies.