X2C control arms are worthless

I put a set of their upper control arms on my car last April. The other day I looked under the car and noticed that the bushings were a little tore up. So I called them and they said I need to buy new bushings...$28.

So last night I took the arms off and this is what I found:
uprctrlarm.jpg

uprctrlarm2.jpg

Now I can tell you I'm really pretty easy on my car and I've only been to the track twice with these arms.

So if your in the market DON"T and if you have them you better check them.

With a 15 day warrantee I'm out all that money and will now try and get me a set of Steeda's uppers as they have always been had execellent customer service.

• Sponsors (?)

They were offering some sort of discount on the new arms for people that had the POS arms like you have. I read that on the Corral not to long ago because I remember thinking that i was glad I didn't order those like you have. I was all ready to send money and found out the sale was over. Now I'm glad.

Much to my surprize they are going to replace the arms. They said they were a bad production model that they stopped making a couple of years ago and that I must have got an old set that was lying around.

So at least they made good on the. But watch out if you have the old ones!!!!

Yeah, I first saw what could happen to these arms on the Corral. A guy had a video where he had disconnected one end of the control arm and he could move it from side to side about 2 inches each way. IIRC, I think it did some minor damage to the mounting points for the arms on the chassis.

Nice to see they stood behind thier product for you!

I think you'll be happy with the new X2C Boxer control arms. From what I've read the people with Boxer control arms are having really good results on the street and at the track.

I'm going to get a set of the Boxer ST's along with slicks, 31 spline axles, and a Eaton posi. All work will be done @ X2C.

I'm glad to hear that they took care of you!

SilverBullit99 said:
Much to my surprize they are going to replace the arms. They said they were a bad production model that they stopped making a couple of years ago and that I must have got an old set that was lying around.

That is funny... same thing happened to me. I got mine from them about 6 months back, and they said they were a new design. Mine fit crappy and the bushings broke after 1 month, and no track time!

The new arms are boxed and have Energy Suspension poly bushings, you will have no problems with them. I never really promote a company, but as SilverBullitt99 can atest to from on the corral, I'll go to bat for those guys at X2C. I had the old arms, they hooked me up on the new ones. I've never read of anyone not being able to get taken care of after any problems with the old arms either. Their stuff is good, their red car cuts 1.3x 60's on their suspension parts. I posted on the corral as well, but any arm with the bushings gone bad would bend like that from the stress. Mark Luton has openly said that if any of his parts fail, he'll replace them. You can't stand behind a product more than giving it a lifetime warranty. Not many people do that, especially performance car part companies.