xcal 2 question

i got an xcal2 a couple of months ago and the car (96 cobra) had some minimal mods like gears, catback, c&l inlet pipe. well now i want to add some more basic bolt ons, but my question is, will i have to send the xcal back to get more tunes loaded back on?
thanks
jake

• Sponsors (?)

BooWFO said:
You can have them email you the new tunes and load them to the xcal...

Ok if your xcal and computer will talk with each other. mine is possessed or something. Comptuer thinks it's a usb storage device. :(

I hear you. SCT has driver problems. My computer does the same thing. Pearl02.

yes, you can expect to get charged for new tunes. depending on your mods you may not need to. Typically, the only things requiring tuning would involve air fuel ratio, timing, or speedo calibration.

It probably depends on what you need done and where you bought it. I bought mine from M Depot and they didn't charge me 6 months later to turn off my automatic stuff when I swapped trannies. My computer wouldn't work with the drivers either... until I realized I had windows 98 :)

Na5.0HO said:
It probably depends on what you need done and where you bought it. I bought mine from M Depot and they didn't charge me 6 months later to turn off my automatic stuff when I swapped trannies. My computer wouldn't work with the drivers either... until I realized I had windows 98 :)

I have XP and still have problems with drivers from time to time. I love the device but hate the drivers. The SCT forum isn't that great either. This forum has 1000 times the support. Pearl02.