Xcal2 from Brenspeed arrived, but no go... keeps timing out

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by matty, Jun 15, 2007.

1. matty

matty Member

I just got an Xcal2 from Brenspeed and tried to load the tune on my car today, however I followed the directions that were given with it and I still cannot get it to work. I go to the menu "program vehicle" and then press select to begin, choose the tune I want, click select again and then it starts to look like its working but ends up giving me a "timed out" message. Has anyone run into a similar problem?

I was told that on the mustang I do not have to remove any fuses (is this correct, or might this be my problem)? If I do have to pull the fuel pump (and another set of fuses) does anyone have an easy guide of which fuses they are in the fuse box (as I looked in the manual and there seems to be two sets of fuses for the fuel pump).

Thanks again,

Matt
  2. claytucc3

claytucc3 New Member

It sounds like a software program...did you buy the car new? IN other words does it have a different tune. I would prob call brenspeed and find out what is going on. something isn't working correct. I have used the SCT and the hypertech and the Superchips tuners and fuses have never needed to be messed with. it sounds liek there is something else wrong......just my 2 cents.....
  3. matty

matty Member

I ordered the car from the factory so as far as I know there shouldnt be any different tunes on there, I'm puzzled too. I'll give them a call today.
  4. bigcat

bigcat start with the upper hole, and if more traction is

the fuses were for one specific group of car, and it is not ours. call brent, he will walk you through the problem until it works.
  5. matty

matty Member

I just spoke with Bren and he walked me through it, then had to call SCT looks like its a hardware problem with the unit itself so he's sending me out a new one, great service on his part, things go wrong but I'm impressed how quickly he's resolved it.
  6. claytucc3

claytucc3 New Member

Good to hear bro.....good luck
  7. kenaimone

kenaimone Member

that is why i buy from him. that place is great. i hear bama chips has the same style of customer service, but i love brenspeed. i am the type of guy that once you take care of me, i will only use you. i am glad to hear brent took good care of you.
  8. cowtown

cowtown Founding Member

Yeah Brent is great. I E-mailed him late last week mentioning my 93 tune seemed really off (it felt the same as the 87 tune). He got my serial #, pulled up my tune and worked on it over the weekend (I'm sure with all his other work) and I have a new tuen in my mailbox this morning.

Certainly great service!