Xcalibrator 2

• Sponsors (?)

The XCal 2 is made by SCT, which spun off of Superchips. It is more versatile than the Superchips Max Microtuner with respect to tuning in that it accepts custom tunes. It also will perform datalogging, which the Microtuner will not. The Superchips Microtuner is simple to use, and does allow the user to make changes to automatic transmission shift points/pressure, turn T/C on/off, lower fan on/off settings, raise speed limiter, and adjust the speedometer for gear ratio changes.

Does the Superchips Max Microtuner have the ability to accept custom tunes? I think it does, but if so does the user have to send or take the unit to a Superchips dealer to do so? Also, does the XCal 2 allow the user to adjust any parameters on the tunes you receive?

Give Me TP said:
Does the Superchips Max Microtuner have the ability to accept custom tunes? I think it does, but if so does the user have to send or take the unit to a Superchips dealer to do so? Also, does the XCal 2 allow the user to adjust any parameters on the tunes you receive?
The Microtuner can hold 3 custom tunes. A tuner can e-mail you a new tune if you need it and then you can upload that tune to the unit. Of course, you will need a cable to connect the unit to the computer, you should be able to get one from the tuner that you bought it from. You can send the unit back to the tuner if you wish, but its easier to have the tunes e-mailed to you.

posm6s said:
I wish I had Xcal 2, instead I got the cheesy Microtuner. I have to take out the fuel pump fuse everytime I install a tune. :bang:

I know how you feel on taking out the fuel pump fuse to install a tune. But I love the Superchips Performance tune in comparison with Predator's Performance tune. I've used both and the Superchips tune in my observation idles and shifts so much better than the Predator's Performance tune. It's just my opinion though. I'm really happy with Superchips Performance tune from the Micro Tuner.

Seraphitia102 said:
I know how you feel on taking out the fuel pump fuse to install a tune. But I love the Superchips Performance tune in comparison with Predator's Performance tune. I've used both and the Superchips tune in my observation idles and shifts so much better than the Predator's Performance tune. It's just my opinion though. I'm really happy with Superchips Performance tune from the Micro Tuner.
My problem is that the Predator's don't need for you to take out the fuse. Just plug it in, load that tune and your done. Why can't Superchips do that with theres? :shrug:

You'd thank SCT for having you pull the fuel pump fuse if your battery was weak - because if a flash is interrupted because the battery is starting to die, the EEC dies also. I'm sure it's the same for the Predator. The XCal 2 also recommends yanking the FP fuse. Even if I had a Predator, I'd yank the fuse and shut off all power drawing accessories such as heater fans, stereos, etc. It's not such a big deal with Mustangs, but on an SVT Focus it takes 10-14 minutes to flash.