xe270,s , pi swap info.. also lean bank 1-2

russell96gt

Oct 6, 2004
2000gt pi heads to swap on my 96gt, i was going to use my xe270ah comp cams, seems they will have piston to valve contact or slap. the intake valve being the problem because of the cams duration . they seem to work ok on 99 and up gt,s but they have a deeper dish piston than 96-98s. i guess i,ll sell these and have to buy the vt stage 2 cams.............? i read/hear comp cams have 4 degrees built-in , but will they still hit retarding the cams? notch the pistons? i could. seems easier to sell these at a loss and buy other cams now. i also found out my check eng. light lean bank 1 bank 2 was a low fuel pressure problem solved by installing an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, i had no vac leaks / bad o2,s / bad iac, egr, and all,, just low fuel press. hope this helps others................. and buy my xe270,s for your 99 up pi cars, or notch your 96-98,s......dallas-tex. 96gt - U/D,T/A, slp x-pipe cai,70TB,auto,3;73,s , mils, DM Speed cal, kirban fpr at 36 lbs. vac on. ported pi swap vt stage 2 cams soon. then sct 4 pos chip dyno tuned..... somewhere around dallas................. any thoughts ? thanks in advance, Russ

• Sponsors (?)