<<<XR-7.....? Opinions>>>

Well, first off I chose to post this here because 4.6 is where I spend 99% of my time, and, the few ppl i'm getting familiar with are all in here....anyways;

When I first got my settlement, back in august, well, a month before hand, all I had was my '83 Capri RS. It needed work, and, was pretty much horrible as a daily driver....got too hot, no ac...uhg...uncomfortable, as they all were back then...my point is; I needed a car, credit was no good, and, just had a month before I'd get the first half of my settlement, the amount I keep to myself, but, ehh, i'll just say, 850k before laywer fee's. Now, I needed a car, not picky, and so, a friend who owns a just, regular auto repair/paint shop, had a car for me, he said he'd give me the car free and just pay later knowing I was good for it. He had plenty to choose from because lots of ppl dont pay their bill, and he keeps and sells the cars they've fixed, junks the others mostly. Anyways I picked up my '95 Cougar.

It's white, fully loaded, absolutly everything, except it's the 3.8 not a V8, which I would have liked. Anyways, I wanna know if the car is worth keeping, like, I really enjoy driving it, it's in mint cond. and, well, i'm a ford guy so as a daily driver to keep the miles off my stang I like it for the job. So, it has 159k on it, however, reason it was at teh shop...lol, head gasket, as most 3.8's will run into...So, I cant decide if I want to sell it, put the $$ into my stang fund, or, keep it, perhaps even invest a little for fun. $ isnt a problem at all, for me, however, more $$ in the stang fund would be nice, the only thing to keep in mind is the wifey (not married quite yet lol ) and I agreed on a strict budget for my stang. Anyways, popping the hood is nice, seeing what looks like a brand new set of heads, usually i'd be afraid of a 3.8 with miles like that, but, it was a 1 owner, and, the top end has been redone, and it runs/drives great.

I only paid 1300, my buddies cost repairing it. I'm wondering if there are many cougar's around, like nice one's, even at the track? I have a few idea's, but with the engine running like new, I dunno, that is if I keep it....I'm considering getting a used low mile 5.0 out of a stang for it, and then putting gears and exhaust on it. Would be a good sounding, nice riding car, and would get up and go as well.

I dunno I just cant decide what I want to do with the car...so I posted on here, i'm really bored, but, it's big a deal to me enough that i'd start a thread, dont worry i'm not just throwing this out there...

What's funny, is it seems more powerfull than any 3.8 stang i've driven, pre-99 models that is. Now this may seem dumb but I actually invested nearly all of my $$, because i'm too young, and just had a kid, first one, and, dunno what I want to do with myself yet, so I put alot into a CD for a few years.
I say this cause some of you may wonder why not just pick up a cheap new or used car...I really cant spare the $$. But I have enough to have some fun with the cougar if I wanted to, without hurting my stang fund that I set aside, which I wont touch at all, yet.

I think it would be pretty cool, to have an xr running maybe low 14's N/A with a five-oh in it!! Obviously would need a little tuning, which i'm cool with...

I guess I just want to know what you guys would think of a "stang sounding" XR driving around...heh...I would'nt have even posted if I didnt like the car ALOT, I dont know why, I just do, like, the way it drives and handles, and the comfort...it just seems like it would be alot of fun to drive with a 5.0 and a well built C4 and gears and such, cam heads intake etc etc...just enough to get into 14's and beat up on imports. Maybe someone here has done this, or owns one with a 5.0 I dunno, I just cant make up my mind, sell it for like 2500, and add to stang fund, which could use the money, that would allow for a brand new nice built block for my engine, whatever I decide on. Or keep it and have some fun with it......

Sorry for long post, as you can see I dont make alot of sense I guess, and....I have a problem with wanting to turn everything into a project...
If I did keep it and do the swap and all, i'd have like 3-5k to spend, I think just enough to get done what I mentioned, as labor will be entirely free, shop work too.

Suggestions, opinions..what to do with Mint XR-7....

P.S. Long post....heh dont be too hard on me, and for such a lame....topic perhaps..

• Sponsors (?)

Swap in an S/C from an S/C'd Thunderbird or Cougar. Ford made a few of them with a factory supercharged 3.8, dubbed as the Supercoupe and XR-7. Are you sure theres not an S/C under the hood? lol.

They can be made very fast, and it will be alot cheaper than swapping in a 5.0 and dealing with all of that mess. I know someone who has a Supercoupe, and that car is amazing. Its a 5 speed, it has Cobra wheels on it, the boost has been cranked up, exhaust... it has to be the BEST sounding V-6 I have ever heard... its amazing.

That is the route I would go. Go do some homework on Supercoupes and supercharged XR-7's...:nice:

BurningRubber said:
Swap in an S/C from an S/C'd Thunderbird or Cougar. Ford made a few of them with a factory supercharged 3.8, dubbed as the Supercoupe and XR-7. Are you sure theres not an S/C under the hood? lol.

They can be made very fast, and it will be alot cheaper than swapping in a 5.0 and dealing with all of that mess. I know someone who has a Supercoupe, and that car is amazing. Its a 5 speed, it has Cobra wheels on it, the boost has been cranked up, exhaust... it has to be the BEST sounding V-6 I have ever heard... its amazing.

That is the route I would go. Go do some homework on Supercoupes and supercharged XR-7's...:nice:

+1.. I think Kenne Bell even makes a unit for that car.