YAHHH! GOT MY CAR BACK!!!! PICS

deadlast

Mar 30, 2005
Belmont, MA
so, after 2 long months of waiting for parts, and repair i finally get it back. so last friday, when i was supposed to get it back, i get a call that it isnt pulling an alignment. Turns out before i bought the car, it was in a major accident, and the frame and crossmember were bent pretty bad. On top of that, i needed new gas lines because they were rusting through. lucky for me the mechanic specializes in frame repair, and has a $300,000 machine for frame straightening. So i was about to pick it up this morning, and he calls me, tells me the e brake cable isnt long enough because i got bigger brakes. Well, he gets one side working, so i figure it good enough until wednesday, which is when i get my new ring and pinion put in, and the ebrake fixed. So i go to pick it up, around one, and the mechanic tells me the rearend is noisey because its an old junk one they bought and put in, but since i am replacing the bearings and stuff wed, he said itd be fine til then. So its making quiet alot of noise on the way home, but i figured it was just the rear end. Well, the car also feels very twitchy in the back, and wasnt sure about it, so i called up my mechanic. Told him the back end feels like it swaying alot. he tells me its fine, dont worry about anything and everything is tight
so im like ok, w/e. next thing i know, my rear end drops, i pull to the side instantly, get out and what do i find???

DSCF0129.jpg

DSCF0128.jpg

DSCF0127.jpg

DSCF0126.jpg

woopie! the mechanic forgot to tighten the bolts. well i get it towed back for free, and he offers to buy me a new wheel (only thing broken, thank god) well it gets better, since i only have 3 saleen wheels now, instead of him buying me a new 3 spoke wheel, hes buying me a brand new saleen wheel. So im thinkin, oh this guy aint so bad. well 30 min ago, i dropped my friend off at his house, and we never tested the brakes yet. so i step on the brakes pretty damn hard, we come to a stop and im like.. yea these are pretty good. middle of me talking, the brake peddle goes limp, and nasty smelling smoke starts pouring from under my hood. Great! my ****ing brakes blew. So, now my car is stuck there until tomorrow, and hopefully the mechanic will pay for that crap too. :Damnit: :Damnit: :Damnit:

Attachments

• DSCF0129.jpg
    DSCF0129.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCF0128.jpg
    DSCF0128.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0127.jpg
    DSCF0127.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCF0126.jpg
    DSCF0126.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn dude...What else could possibly go wrong....I'd think a new shop is in order...I would have a severe lack of trust with anything that guy worked on....Sounds like he's being real decent for sure, but enuf is enuf don't ya think???

illwood said:
Sounds pretty sketchy to me. That's part of the reason why I don't trust others to work on my car.
yea i do all my own work...shops are just TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE!!!!!! only time i ever brought my car to a shop was to do a new ball joint cause i needed the car to drive to school and work, and i didnt have time to install it myself and my uncle wasnt home to lemme use his press..

The reason why I'm the only one wrenching on my car. If you don't know how then learn. There is just too much information on these type of sites for anyone and everyone to learn. The only things I won't do is gears, alignments and oil changes. Yep, that's not a type-O, oil changes. My buddy owns a shop and in 10 minutes its done. It takes way to long to jack up my car, get under it, get dirty then try and dispose of the oil. If I had RIO's garage then I'd do them.

i would have tackeled it, but i dont have a garage and working outside now sucks. the only thing he paid for is the new wheel and the tow back to the shop. sucks, but it could've been worse. Turns out the guy working last on my car was some n00b, and forgot to tighten the bolts. And the brake line that blew was rotted, and in a "hard to see" spot. he should have been MUCH more generous as far as fixing stuff for free, doesnt look like im going back to him.

Yo Deadlast,
Sorry to hear that the shop you take your stang to sucks. Its the same thing for me here on the south shore, my shop has hacked my car up. From now on I will be taking my car to MPE Performance, they work on Mustangs all the time. I think that they are in Taunton or something, but not positive. They have a website with directions and list all of the stuff they can do for you (and me!).

Oh by the way, Whats up with your neighbors 87 Mazda 626? I have a dollar waiting for him. Could you PM me with his name and phone #?
I have been driving one of my uncles pick up trucks (chevy=gross) and I would really like to give it back to him.

I dont know if you got any of the PM's I sent you but I went to high school at Governor Dummer Academy in Byfield Ma. so I sort of know that area.
And yes everyone, I went to the oldest boarding school in America!
It has been running since 1763, before we even had a consitution.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
-fawcett