yea umm never heard this noise before

charlesw6954

Founding Member
May 3, 2002
Mo
bought my 00gt in august. first day i had it the battery went dead. they replaced it for free. then when i started running it hard i found out the 2nd gear sychro is gone but they will rebuild it. then it started getting cold outside well one morning i started the car and gave it 5 minutes to warm up then took off to work well i saw the oil pressure gauge was at 0 psi. i was shocked but heard no knocking. now since its getting colder the pressure gauge reads zero ALOT so i bought a new sending unit. was going to install it tonight but when i came home from work i turned car off and usually i would here the exhaust before the engine dies but now i hear a massive knocking when i turn the ignition off. it sounds awful. its got plenty of oil in it. i just did and oil change on it 3 days ago. mobile 1 10w30 so i know the oil aint bad.

• Sponsors (?)

i have never owned an engine like this before so i dont know what its suppose to do or how its suppose to run. well ill replace the sending unit and if it keeps going down (pressure) then ford is gonna have to live up to their warranty and probally rebuild my engine and trans while there at it.