YEAAAAAAH...problem solved...Torq thrust ll on MY black 90 GT

• Sponsors (?)

"I would buy 17x9.5 with 6" of backspace for the back and run 275 or 285 width tires"

"17x8 w/ 5.75" backspace for the front with a 245/45R17 tire

tjm73, I really do thank you for all your time and detailed info...

I bought my wheels so I could one day put them on a street rod and have been looking forward at wheels to rplace themand I am looking at the magnesium looking centered TTII's so I kinda knew alot of this already, but no matter... your welcome. Glad to help.

Here's the drawing. The red line is the mounting surface of the brake drum. The blue lines are the outer and inner limits including tire buldge beyond the rim edge. They are represented by the purple color. If you have any questions let me know.

If I were spendign my money I'd go with 245/45R17 and 285/40R17 BFG KDWS tires. They can be flipped side to side to enhance and extend tread life, have 400 treadwear and are OEM equipment on the 2003 blown SVT Cobra. They are a good tire. Cost is $131 for the 245 and $149 for the 285.

If you do it post pics. :nice:

Attachments

• Wheel Fitment.jpg
    Wheel Fitment.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 83
Tolbert67 said:
How much backspacing is there on the back with the quad shock in place??

9.5's will not fit under the fender withthe quads in place. They are not needed anyway. I took mine off 6 years ago and have NEVER notice a difference. Not at the drag strip or on the street. They're dead weight.

"9.5's will not fit under the fender withthe quads in place. They are not needed anyway. I took mine off 6 years ago and have NEVER notice a difference. Not at the drag strip or on the street. They're dead weight."...Someone told me that they kept the axle from moving around????

Tolbert67 said:
"9.5's will not fit under the fender withthe quads in place. They are not needed anyway. I took mine off 6 years ago and have NEVER notice a difference. Not at the drag strip or on the street. They're dead weight."...Someone told me that they kept the axle from moving around????

aftermarket control arms my friend, will solve all ur wheel hop and launching problems so u can ditch the quad shocks like i did