YES!

CobraXtreme

Jun 4, 2004
My 01 Black Cobra Mustang came in today! IT is awesome, i was driving it all night.

I have one question, when im going from like 2nd gear to 3rd, while letting off clutch do i gas it (like in first), or do i let off completely, then gas? Thanks!!!!!!

Pics comming soon!!

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats on the snake :nice:

As far as the 2nd - 3rd gear . . . yeah, you gas it. You gas that sucker like you've never gassed before!!

()just kidding()

Come to think of it, I've never really thought about it. I would say you gas it (while under normal driving conditions) like the other gear-shifts. But as you can probably guess now, there is no longer a "normal" driving condition. Everything is a race ~ :D

Have fun. And lets see those pics ~

It's a technique you'll end up teaching yourself. You push the gas at the same rate the clutch is grabbing to minimize slip and jerking. Once you get good at it, you won't be able to tell (from a jerking standpoint) that you're shifting gears besides the obvious acceleration change. Find out exactly where the clutch is engaged and disengaged and work from there. Too much clutch is bad for the clutch and too little gas will cause it to shake or stutter for a second.

Congratulations on the Snake! As for the gear change do what doogz was saying. You'll soon learn the right amount of gas to give when you are letting the clutch out. Enjoy!