Yesterday..Lower River Road

• Sponsors (?)

Rogue Cobra said:
Ok, I have to say something here.

First, if it was anyone other than Cory, I would have called BS. I believe Cory. Good Kill Cory.

Ok, with that said, the new C6 Z06 has been dyno-ed at 451.9 hp and 426.6 tq stock. The Z06 is aproximately 3200lbs. How much does Cory's weight? I suspect being a vert, it is at least 3800lbs. He did say the Z06 was having trouble hooking up. With an experienced driver in the seat of the Z06 and maybe DRs on it, it would have walked away. The Z06 is not only made for straight line, but more for the twisties and it still does an impressive job stop light to stop light.

Don't take this as bias towards Vettes. I very much respect Stangs and would still love to own a new GT500, if I could afford it.

Patrick

For those who are not well acquainted with GM stuff, please believe that Ford is not the only company that under-rates their engine power numbers. It is a well-known fact that many C-6 ZO6 owners can pilot their cars in the 11.7 range with skill and some DR's. That being said, Cory's fox is only a few hundred pounds heavier. My old room mate's 91GT vert, with an AOD and stereo, weighed closer to 3600lbs. The outcome of the race between Cory and the vette is not too suprizing to me. The vette can't hook up well, and Cory simply needs to build a bit of RPM before taking off in a race. Earlier in the year, when Cory raced Jordan, his car was heat soaked from his thermostat sticking. In addition, most of the pulls against Jordan were short roll-ons; this is where Jordan's eaton will shine every time. It's the same reason that nitrous cars sometimes beat comparable turbo cars on short roll on races- it's all about useable power and power band. The few pulls that were clean, with longer distances, Cory took(until his head gasket blew). I was trailling all of these pulls in my friend's cobra, so I can corraborate Cory's description of the events. Speaking of which, I would like to see a rematch of those cars as well...where is Jordan storing his terminator? J/K.

ASD said:
The first thing I learned from the internet is don't believe everything you read.
Not to take anything away from Cory and his Saleen:nice: but it does make me go hmmm.:scratch:

Jon/Allen, I respect both of your opinions, and too be brutully honest, I dont have a logical explanation. Traction control, gearing, shifting, power curve, etc. I cant really say. We chatted a bit after the dig run, but he was cool, just wanted to check out the car, as did I of his. It was a pretty decent day and the Nitto's did a pretty good job of keeping the power to the pavement. My car is not that fast, just new power too me, so its fast to me. Compared to many cars on here, I have no leg to stand on.

TurboSnake95 said:
Well I just got off the phone with my engine builder and it looks to be done hopefully by end of next week. I am taking my heads in to be cleaned and checked:D today. Still missing some certain bolts to put it all together still.

Edit: Thanks for the quick response Chung!

Anyways, after the engine and tranny are back in the car, its off to Turbo Tech for a custom cold air intake kit. Once thats done, I still have to order my converter, and redo the rear end, then and only then I'll drive it down to your place C-Money and me and you can have a little fun, and see if I can keep up with that Saleen:nice:

Congrats on the win C-money:hail2: :hail2: :flag:

Your welcome to stay at my place anytime William. Ahh, you wont have any problems "flying" by me though. You will need to seek out the sport bikes for competion:nice:

I seen a red C6 Z06 on the 26 the other day and tried to get close to it but off course got stuck behind a bunch of slower moving cars. Second one Ive seen in the last few months. Lot of people round here must have 100k laying around.

saleenster said:
Jon/Allen, I respect both of your opinions, and too be brutully honest, I dont have a logical explanation. Traction control, gearing, shifting, power curve, etc. I cant really say. We chatted a bit after the dig run, but he was cool, just wanted to check out the car, as did I of his. It was a pretty decent day and the Nitto's did a pretty good job of keeping the power to the pavement. My car is not that fast, just new power too me, so its fast to me. Compared to many cars on here, I have no leg to stand on.

Just trying to stir it up a bit. :SNSign: