yesterday was bad day...

• Sponsors (?)

jasonh_86 said:
Well Mity.. not to sound like a jerk or anything, but after working in a body shop for over a year, I saw a LOT of mustangs come in for damage similar to this.

They would NOT put bondo/body filler on it or beat it out.. They would just cut the quarter panel and pillar off and put/weld a new one back on and replace everything.. If it was something like that and the customer was paying, then they gave them the option.. but if insurance was paying, then we would replace instead of repair.

I wouldn't let anyone put body filler in a body line or try to beat it out, it will never be the same.

The body shop I worked at wasn't a little shop either, it was the biggest in the county and the owner had some of the nicest restored vehicles in Arkansas.. he even had a guy bring a '67 sting-ray split-rear-window 'Vette in for a complete restoration and it looked brand new when we got done..

But the point of this post.. don't settle for body filler or a repair.. make those bastards replace the intire quarter panel from the door sill up to the pillar (where it meets the roof) and then back down to where the quarter panel meets the inner trunk area. Pretty much an entire new quarter panel and pillar along the body seams to eliminate nasty body filler or beating it out (which will require bondo/body filler as well).. new panel, same body seams, new parts.. you can usually never even tell.. and that way you won't have to worry about rust or body filler messing up or paint cracking off if it was done right :nice:
looks like you didnt read my post....

http://forums.stangnet.com/showpost.php?p=6323614&postcount=23

i got another estimate. this one came up little more then othe estimate at $1907

But only thing that i can see that is different on this one is that they added some laber and parts fee for corrosion protection, which was missing from other estimate. U would thing if they repair metal, corrosion protection would be standard, but i guess not.

mity2 said:
i got another estimate. this one came up little more then othe estimate at $1907

But only thing that i can see that is different on this one is that they added some laber and parts fee for corrosion protection, which was missing from other estimate. U would thing if they repair metal, corrosion protection would be standard, but i guess not.

Just make sure where ever you take it has a good history of this stuff.. I would hate to see your car get back to you all jacked up :(

Sorry bigcat, I didn't see your post.. But I did post on my experience from working at a body shop for a little over a year, but no 2 body shops are the same.. So I agree with you on your post, but with my post as well.. Just a tough one to call, you never know who is going to fix your car and what experience they have

corrosion protection is not an automatic operation. some companies do worry about getting paid for it, and some dont even do it. you need to protect the inside of the repair from corrosion as well as the outside of it. many shops wont even take the time to apply corrosion protection at all. :(

Well. Officer Lamb just stopped by to hand me other guys info. Guy from Huntington, PA.
Guess after several day of refusing to cooperate with Officer Lamb, he finaly admitted that he ran.
there were citation issued(Leaving from scean of accident, distruction of property, operation of unsafe vihecle. Guess for him giving officer hard time, officer gave him ticket for driving without tail light after accident from StateCollege to Huntington). I guess leaving scean of accident involving unnocupied car is not felony. But with all 4 tickets, hit total points went over 11. He lost his lisence, and got fined something like $900.

So i can now call his insurance and get my car fixed finally

If the girl has the plate number and she gave it to you, meaning you know what it is, you can go down to the DMV and purchase the information for that plate.

Address
Name
Driving record
Etc...

I think it is worth the $20-$40 it will cost you. :nice:

Or if you have a friend or family member in the PD you can get it for free! :banana: