yesterdays work day: the good, the bad

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by 65fastback2+2, May 14, 2004.

1. 65fastback2+2

65fastback2+2 New Member

Yesterday ronstang came over and helped me switch out the rear gears. Turns out it had a 4.11 spool in it. No wonder the thing drove like a tank. So we threw in a 3.00 open. Now it actually spins the tires lol, and doesnt drag like a beat dog in a turn. Thats the good, the bad was, he says i should redo the whole rear traction bar/shock setup cuz he said its done real cheap and junky and, u guessed it, incorrectly. We checked the carb, timing, and vacuum, all checked good which I was pleased about. Need new front end bushings ron suggested, so gonna order those when i get a paycheck (hopefully today) The bad, the carb is a holley 2brrl. But im happy i can drive it now and not have to drag a gas tank behind me. Anyhow, if u ever have questions and ronstang answers u, listen, this guy KNOWS his stuff, trust me.
  2. paintballtommy

paintballtommy New Member

i can second that. ron is very knowledgable and he helps me out almost every day with my car.

BIG THUMBS UP FOR RON!
  3. L8knight

L8knight New Member

When can he come over to my house? I have lots of work on my GTA to do and plenty of cold beer in the fridge. :D
  4. Ronstang

Ronstang New Member

I'm in Texas so I have a limited reach guys......plus, you adults can do your own work or pay :D ....I think it is important to help the young kids get started in the hobby so I am always willing to help them when I have the time, and I think this is a great hobby for kids especially since it keeps them out of trouble for the most part since they don't have enough $$$ for car parts and the unmentionables. Over the years all the kids I have helped have all been good kids and the ones that are grown now are good adults. This is a very positive hobby in my opinion.
  5. L8knight

L8knight New Member

Well said. It is actually one of my reasons for getting back into car restoration/building... so my son and I can have some time together and give him something other than tv/computer/video games to do. There's no replacement for displacement.