yet another 5 lug question

88mustangGT

Apr 6, 2003
ok dont worry this isnt the typical "why should i convert to 5 lug"
i have been doing research for a while now and have a few questions.

i am going the new cobra brakes.

ok for the front
1 .i just ordered spindle hub dust shield, what else will i need besides caliper bracket and caliper rotors and brake lines? where are the bearings located and all that junk?

2 sense you have to use a spacer for the ball joint, will this change the ride hight at all? i would think if you are having it sit a lil higher it would drop the car down a lil bit?

rears.
i am a lil more confused on the rears. and have a few choices

3 should i jsut get a complete rear end from a sn95 and use it. if i do what mods do i have to do to get the biger rotors and calipers on them

4 or should i do the ranger axels and north racecar brackets. i have seen some posts on here that people say there wheels look sunk in a lil bit and i dont want that to happen. thats why i was contemplating the .75 wider rear from a newer stang.

5 what is the diffrance between the rear calipers on a cobra vs GT?

6 i was looking at rotors on ebay and people have them separated from like 95-98 and 99-03 i didnt think there was a difference or is there? i mean i know they switched to brimbo rotors 99 up but we are talkin aftermarket here.
arnt they both 13 1.1 ? there is a 10 dollor price difference to.

thanks for your help guys i know someone will stear me into the right direction.

• Sponsors (?)

All of this is covered in Matt's website, but briefly: (only because I can't sleep!)
1. bearings are in the hubs
2. no. Spacer goes on top of the spindle, beneath the nut. Suspension stays the same height.
3. Read Matts website

4. for 8" wheels, the SN95 looks great IMO. But for 9" wheels you need the stock Fox rear width to avoid rubbing issues.
5. no difference in the calipers themselves, just the brackets & rotors are different and the pads are thinner
6. ??? I thought they were basically the same also.

thank you alot, one more question i will ask this but i am serching for the answere right now, i want oe 03 cobra rims on my car , what is the backspaceing and offset on them? and will they work with the setup im going