Yet Another Big 'stang Fan, New To This Site.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Maticusfinch, Jun 8, 2012.

1. My name is Matt and I'm 25 years old. Bought my '07 Mustang GT in '09 and it's been my baby ever since. It's been a great 3 years, but now, I'm finally beginning to feel the urge to upgrade her. Problem is, I don't know much in the ways of doing so. I figured I should start by joining some forums and getting some advice. Her name is Shirley. She's a sexy silver with hood scoop and rear spoiler. I couldn't have anything but a manual. She's all stock except for the exhaust, though I have to admit I don't know what the previous owner has installed. To be honest, at this point, I don't care, as I'm getting ready to purchase my own and replace it. From what I've seen, I'm leaning more towards a Pypes Violator axel back to kick things off. Anyone have any input towards that?
    As I said before, I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'm more than willing to learn. I'm here hoping to find a community I can ask questions to and get patient, helpful advice and I feel that's exactly what I'll get. Any and all advice will be appreciated. Feel free to drop me a line with tips and pointers, or just to chat. Long live the 'stang!

2. Welcome to the hood man. As for exhaust, I would listen to a bunch of sound clips first. They all sound different based on who you go with. AmericanMuscle.com is a great place for that. Also, you get a 6% off code for being a member of the forum.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/0510-mustang-exhaust-sounds.htm

3. Thanks man. I've gone and listened to all of the different exhausts and the violator was really my favorite. I just didn't know if there was negative input on that particular one. I didn't know I could get a discount though. That's pretty sweet. Is there some sort of promo code I put in at checkout?

4. Welcome to StangNet! Let me know if I can be of help.