Yet another exhaust combo down.....

• Sponsors (?)

blacksheep06 said:
That is interesting, I actually bought the MAC stuff from him. The combo is barely raspy at all. It is one of the deeper more aggressive sounds I've heard on any mustang.

He must be trying to promote the pypes offroad h because they have plenty of those clips on the website but not one prochamber clip.
Also when I ordered the prochamber they didn't have any in stock and told me it would be shipped from the warehouse.

I wasn't real impressed with sound clips they have of the Pypes offroad and MAC axleback.

So that first clip was a O/R Prochamber and MAC A/B exhaust?

On my 2v I had BBK long tubes, BBK H pipe w/ highflow cats, and MAC mufflers... Sounded bad!!

I want that same sound (maybe even deeper? more musclier?)

Anyone have some clips of the MAC mufflers with stock h pipe/manifolds?

I may not be able to do the prochamber, due to Cali smog laws :(
How easy is it to take on and off? I know it bolts to those manifolds up kinda high in there...

jberylec said:
How easy is it to take on and off? I know it bolts to those manifolds up kinda high in there...

Swapping out mid pipes is easy, just time consuming. The hardest part when putting in a new pipe with the stock manifolds is removing the top bolt on the pass side manifold. Reason being, the catalytic converter is positioned in such a way that the only route to reach the bolt will require a swivel head socket. Other than that, just six bolts to a better sound:nice:

Cool, thanks for the info!
I wonder if it's worth putting on and pulling off annually for smog??

Anyone have experience with the prochamber that doesn't replace the cats? (the one that is much shorter and bolts on after the stock cats)

TIA :)

steedastang06,

I wasn't even close to WOT, it was my neighborhood.

For me installing the exhaust pieces was pretty easy, getting them to not leak was another story. I even took my car to an exhaust shop and they couldn't get the leaks out either. So now my prochamber and MAC a/b are securely welded in place.:bang:

:flag:
blacksheep06 said:
steedastang06,

I wasn't even close to WOT, it was my neighborhood.

For me installing the exhaust pieces was pretty easy, getting them to not leak was another story. I even took my car to an exhaust shop and they couldn't get the leaks out either. So now my prochamber and MAC a/b are securely welded in place.:bang:

I dont suppose you can get a sound clip at WOT on your free time?:shrug:

Anyone tried or have sound clips of stock H, stock pipes, and Flowmaster's 2005 Mustang GT after-axle muffler kit? Listened to some sound clips of it from the company's site and they sound and look pretty good, however it's the company's sound clips so of course they will sound good :D .

If it's already been posted forgive me I must have overlooked it!

Hey have you ever tried Corsa Axlebacks? Pretty expensive for just the axlebacks but you dont seem to be too uptight about $$. to be honest they arnt that loud with the Stock H on. But with the Pypes o/r h it sounds like no other mustang ive heard. lots of trumpeting but i kinda like it. just have to drive with the windows up becuase its Loud. like second gear at WOT between 4-6k rpms it sounds like your going to blow somethign up. its really pretty cool. ive gotten mixed reveiws on the setup but everyone agree's its loud. haha

steedastang06 said:
hmm that is interesting because i asked Brent@brenspeed about this setup and he said he had it on for about an hour and took it off because it was WAY TOO RASPY.... interesting..

steeda, are you talking about the prochamber with frpp stingers? or the prochamber with mac mufflers?

I could see how the stingers would be really raspy, but the mac mufflers should be simply mean muscle!

:)

blacksheep06, do you still have those FRPP Stingers? I might wanna buy them! :nice:

I think I want to run those, and to get rid of the raspiness and give them a little more deep, chambered, musclecar shound running this...

'05 GT 2.5" Direct Fit Pro Chamber to Stock Cats
http://macperformance.com/store/product1.cfm?SID=3&Product_ID=1216
PC2105.jpg

I want the loudness without having to run an o/r mid pipe (the straight through muffler is always louder than the chambered one, correct?) but I wanna tone it down a little so it's deeper and less rasp... What does everyone think? Will this do it?
:shrug:

I want the loudness without having to run an o/r mid pipe (the straight through muffler is always louder than the chambered one, correct?) but I wanna tone it down a little so it's deeper and less rasp... What does everyone think? Will this do it?
:shrug:[/QUOTE]

I had the prochamber to stock cats. I'd highly recommend running O/R or high flow cats. The prochamber is quieter than the stock H pipe. I'm currently running O/R prochamber and stock mufflers and lovin it.

jberylec said:
blacksheep06, do you still have those FRPP Stingers? I might wanna buy them! :nice:

I think I want to run those, and to get rid of the raspiness and give them a little more deep, chambered, musclecar shound running this...

'05 GT 2.5" Direct Fit Pro Chamber to Stock Cats
http://macperformance.com/store/product1.cfm?SID=3&Product_ID=1216
PC2105.jpg

:shrug:

Sorry man, I've already sold them to someone else on this site.

If your keeping the cats and you want it loud and still deep then you definately want FRPP (stingers). The stingers are a little too exotic sounding for me though.

I think it would be a waste of money running the prochamber with the stock cats.