Yet another how much will this make thread.

NoSlowsn95

Feb 12, 2003
Huntsville, AL
Finishing up with a buddie's combo. It consists of:

stock block
forged 331 stroker
AFR 185cc with 58cc chambers
Typhoon intake
70mm throttle body and egr
full exhaust with shorties
24lb. injectors w/255lph in-tank
STOCK MASS AIR

He has a custom mail order chip from swanson performance. He had it set up for 30's but they were used and clogged so he sent it back for the 24's he already had. The chip should be back in any day now. We are going to set the timing and fuel pressure tommorow along with replacing a clutch cable, and wait for the chip to come back in.

Bonus: How much do you think the stock mass air is hurting him?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

first tell him to change the MAF to a setup calibrated for the 24lb injectors

second The Dyno will tell you what kind of #'s for sure instead of some random "my similar combo makes ***hp and ***tq".

Not tryin to be an ass... but IMO it look's like he could use a dyno tune anyway and then he will now the exact #'s

The stock mass air is probably holding him back slightly, but nothing outrageous. And as much as i hate these posts/threads, i would say between 310-320 at the wheels.

Roland69 said:
first tell him to change the MAF to a setup calibrated for the 24lb injectors

second The Dyno will tell you what kind of #'s for sure instead of some random "my similar combo makes ***hp and ***tq".

Not tryin to be an ass... but IMO it look's like he could use a dyno tune anyway and then he will now the exact #'s

Why would he change to a maf calibrated for the 24's? He already has a custom chip to do that which is WAY better than some little sampling tube telling the engine it's getting the wrong amount of air to correct it.

Look at my sig. I have a supercharged cobra. My buddy now has a nicely done fully built engine. I think we both know what a dyno is. And again, back to the fact that he has a custom burnt chip so he will not be getting a tune. He already has one.

You are trying to be an ass. It seems to me that you've answered a lot of threads like this and you have no clue as to the answer. All I asked for was an opinion on the power output. I didn't want info on the wrong maf's or what a dyno is all about.

Get a used Pro-M or the "new company"...they do not use a sample tube.

Stock MAF will hurt, and the whole "chip" thing isn't a good idea. Getting one electronically calibrated is better...instead of a "guessing" chip. Get on the dyno...get the a/f ratio down-pat...

What cam?

I think the stock meter is going to really hamper the power. Its like a 300 lbs man breathing through a straw. Plus it will probably peak the meter before it ever peaks in power meaning it will peak power at 5400 rpm though the motor should peak at 5800. Just an example, but it happened to me.

5spd GT said:
Get a used Pro-M or the "new company"...they do not use a sample tube.

Stock MAF will hurt, and the whole "chip" thing isn't a good idea. Getting one electronically calibrated is better...instead of a "guessing" chip. Get on the dyno...get the a/f ratio down-pat...

What cam?

I told him and told him to get a maf before getting a chip but the wife cut his funds so it will have to do for now.

As soon as it's done we will take it and play with the timing and fuel pressure a little bit on the dyno to see what happens.

Trick Flow stage 1 w/ 1.72 roller rockers. He was originally gonna get the stage 2 but then we found out he already had 1.7 cobra rockers. So then we changed it to the stage 1 and then he ended up buying the 1.72 rollers at the last minute for some reason.

He's not looking for all out maximum power. He wants a decent street car that will handle a little bit of nitrous and have fun.