yet another iac ?

fast97gt

Jan 2, 2007
north carolina
tell me what yall think i start my car in the morning i starts fine but as soon as it fires it idles down to 500 to 600 rpms and is there for about 15 mins then its fine around 800 to 900 rpms it did it when it was summerish and still here in the winter not sure if its the dpfe sensor cause it threw an egr excessive flow code about a mth ago but i cleared it and hasnt come back on. so i dont know if its the iac, or the dpfe sensor

• Sponsors (?)

I switched my IAC with my friends "healthy" cobra and his ran the same, thus eliminating the possibility of my part being "bad" As a matter of fact, we didn't even switch them back - I just installed his on mine and we agreed and classified it as "Man Law"...I would start there if you aren't sure the IAC is the problem - try and find a buddy that will use his car as a donor(takes 5 mins) and check yours on his or vice versa.

My idle problems were corrected when I tightened the screw that controls your idle - I lowered it effectively and my car began to idle at 900 rpms instead of 1100 and stopped throwing codes that traditionally were associated with the IAC.

Moral of the story, try and locate your problem, eliminate as many culprits along the way. In my case, I ruled out the IAC and saved myself a $100 b/c I would have ordered the original from Ford only to have my engine still throw codes.

The idle screw can be manipulated if you have done any work underneath your hook so I would check that to see if it is your problem...