Yet another intake thread

LIZARDKING

Nov 16, 2004
Hell
I have to admit that I havent been under the hood much on my 05. Its winter and in a year Ive only driven the car 7000 miles. 2000 of that was on 2 long roadtrips.

So on my 03 Focus, I installed a CAI. Later, I ended up ditching it for an oem SVT Focus intake to make a strut bar and new valve cover fit.

Anyway, the Focus CAI and many other cars place the filter down low behind the bumper cover.

The other day I was under the hood of the Stang looking around. There is plenty of room to do the same on our cars.

Why hasnt a single company designed such an intake?

Im also going to call Volant when thier offices open. I emailed them weeks ago, no reply.

• Sponsors (?)

it would require cutting into the inner fender. nobody wants to do that for a CAI, so companies dont make them that way. look under the hood, near the stock airbox. there really is not a good place from the factory to run an inlet tube through. one of the supercharger kits for the GT is having their intake go to the right side, and you cut a hole for it. it does get the cooler air, but its hard to reverse the mod.