you have to be ****ing joking this is ****ing me the **** off

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by 1994Vib.RedGT, Jul 28, 2006.

1. 1994Vib.RedGT

1994Vib.RedGT New Member

the lifters and motor were pre-lubed as well

I use cooke's garage in rocky mount, no one in Raleigh to answer someone else's question
  2. eagleautosports

eagleautosports New Member

Go check out Randy Haywood at Haywood Custom Speed over near the fairgrounds. I can give you his number if you want and he's a lot closer than Rocky Mount.
  3. 1994Vib.RedGT

1994Vib.RedGT New Member

Im living in Rocky Mount right now though, Im going back to raleigh for school in mid august, and then hopefully not going back to rocky mount next summer.
  4. 1994Vib.RedGT

1994Vib.RedGT New Member

status update:

the rocker arm bolts were not overtorqued, so thats out my thinking now is one of these 2:

1. The heads were milled and I wasnt told, therefore increasing PR length

OR****

2. I bought some Trick Flow valve springs, double spings good up to .600 length supposedly, are these springs too much and they and the rockers/cam is not strong enough to open well and they are breaking? This is what I am leaning towards right now, someone please tell me if this is a plausible scenario.
  5. mytight95

mytight95 Active Member

who setup the springs when they were installed? Are they the correct spring for a stock head? Are the springs shimmed correctly? Something is causing bind, the rocker bolts are the weakest link, so they are breaking first.

pull a valve cover, and crank the motor over by hand, and kind of inspect the valvetrain events. that'll probably tell you what is going on.

jason
  6. 1994Vib.RedGT

1994Vib.RedGT New Member

I had my mechanic put together my heads, so he knows what he is doing so they should be shimmed correctly, and they should work on a stock head, why wouldnt they :shrug: but what im asking is are those springs too strong for the cam, therefore not working correctly and putting too much tension on the rockers, causing them to snap?
  7. mytight95

mytight95 Active Member

I don't know if it is possible to do that. But i believe if springs are stronger the worst case scenario is faster wear on the cam, lifters, and valves.

I hope you get it figured out. When you do let us know what the culprit turned out to be.

jason
  8. 1994Vib.RedGT

1994Vib.RedGT New Member