You Have Tuning Advice For A 94 Cobra? Step Right In!!!

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by vladasap, May 17, 2012.

1. vladasap

vladasap Member

Hey guys,

I searched and searched but to no avail.

Ive got a basically stock 1994 Cobra. Its got a CAI, longtubes, x pipe and a 70mm tb + 3.73s. ***STOCK INJECTORS AND MAF***

I KNOW that i dont need a chip but i do want one to lower the fan temps, possibly delete the EGR and some other stuff...and of course get rid of the tip in timing! This may be wasted $$$ to most ppl, but I really like tuning it all to its best, as i go.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what are some other things to do when burning a chip on the dyno? Once again, basically a stock 1994 Cobra with the stock J4J1 computer.

Also, ive got 2 specific questions::

(1) can i still have the tip in timing under lets say 3,000 rpm but totally get rid of it above 3,000rpm aka WOT

(2) will i need an adj fuel pressure regulator when getting tuned or can it be adjusted with the chip?

PLEASE chime in with any and all info you may have!

Thanks guys!!!

:beer:

2. Don 95Vert

Founding Member

1) No
    2) No you don't need an AFPR. The PCM does nothing with the fuel pump and fuel flow on these cars so it cannot be controlled in the tune, For what you have a functioning stock FPR is fine.

Tune it yourself with a Moates QuaterHorse. It's not brain surgery and you'll get the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

3. 2002BLGT

2002BLGT Well-Known Member

Great advice above , DIY if you can , if you need help don't be afraid to ask questions