You know what grinds my gears?

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by 4tun8, Feb 12, 2010.

1. 40oz

40oz Member

And maybe get out a bit. The mere fact that you think it's reasonable that people all across a continent the size of North America all speak not only the same language BUT the same dialect is humorous.

Yeah, all those things might irritate, but at the end of the day people are calling you to spend money. If you can't figure out that math nobody can help you.

Try tech support. Then you get to answer the phone all day just to hear ****ed off people making very valid points.
  2. 4tun8

4tun8 New Member

50% of my job is tech support. "I just bought this intake from you guys and it doesn't have bolts, was it supposed to have bolts? Do I really need bolts? Can I just glue this down? I think superglue might work, what about cement? Could I cement my intake into place? I can???? Awesome, call you back if I need any more help."
  3. 4tun8

4tun8 New Member

I have a new one.

-Don't call me after recieving a part and say "I don't think this bolt/screw/part is going to work" and then proceed to tell me "I haven't tried it yet but....."

Your EYE is not a micrometer!!! You can't eye up a bolt you dolt!
  4. 4tun8

4tun8 New Member

Oh my god this one ****es me off a ton. When you are giving part numbers, please understand there is a BIG difference between 20 and 2o. Don't be rattling off "bee eight one oh oh two" and get ****ed when I ask you if you mean zero or "O".

I was saying "Oh as in Oscar or zero sir?" "Oh" "Oh as in Oscar or Zero sir........." "OH!!!". Really??? I mean REALLY???
  5. BurningRubber

BurningRubber Active Member

I don't have a problem with people immigrating to this country either. Hell, the United States was formed off of immigrants.

The problem, just like everyone is saying, is the complete lack of respect that SOME (not all) immigrants show for the United States. Not only by not obtaining a legal citizenship, but by putting ZERO effort into learning the language, ZERO effort into finding employment and just running off of "the system". What is become VERY common is immigrant families coming over with an expecting child, birth the child in the US, and in many states, they are 100% safe from deportation or anything since it's technically a "U.S. born" child. The parents are then legal as well.

Forget that crap. I have no desire to pay for your ass to have kids and do nothing productive. Not to mention there is an increasing amount of drug activity coming from our friends South of the border. And with that, gang activity increases, so on and so forth.

Point is, I am not a racist/prejudice/supremest... my girlfriend is not the same race I am and we catch crap from it because of where we live. But I do feel that someone who is immigrating to the U.S. NEEDS to conform to our language/laws/reality and not try to live in their country in our country. Bring your heritage, bring your culture, celebrate it all you want, but be able to interact with the populous of our country in the manner that we all can. Just to clarify, this is not direct at any single group... Mexicans aren't the only immigrants that come over and do this, but they are definitely the most prominent in doing so, and that's no secret.

/rant.

Oh, and I'm glad these threads are popping up. I feel like we're saving 4.6 talk from a slow, painful death.
  6. mransr

mransr Founding Member

EXACTLY...I really don't give a damn how you got here...but once you're here make an attempt to be part of OUR society...

in other words DON'T COME TO AMERICA IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE A FREAKIN' AMERICAN!!!! :flag:
  7. eliteJAE

eliteJAE Member

GREAT responses in this thread :rolleyes:
  8. wmburns

wmburns SN Certified Technician

Just wondering how the "pests" feel about you? Are you on the cockroach family's X-mas card list? :eek: :)
  9. westgastang4.6

westgastang4.6 Member

+1 on if you come to this country to speak english. Now some of us and our children have to learn spanish in school to graduate. Which is cool to learn another language but, at the same time shouldn't they do the same. They are ignorant and stupid people on both sides of the fence. We just have to deal with them and keep it moving.
  10. slick35thgt

slick35thgt New Member

I think they planned on it but i destroyed their local Hallmark building so... ya know. :D
  11. '13_ImpactBlue_GT

'13_ImpactBlue_GT Angry Little Elf

He must have used Ebonics 2.0:D
  12. Nightfire

Nightfire Mustang Master

LOL I had to take 4 years of spanish in high school.......I was no better the last day of my senior year than I was the first day of my freshman year.
  13. mangum70

mangum70 New Member

Well I was born and raised in one of the "bumpkin" states Mississippi. I have spent most of my life here. I did have a chance to leave when I joined the US AIR FORCE. My first duty station was in England. I spent years there and then several other places. Now that I'm out of the service and I work in a heavy equipment dealership where I am the Service Manager.I do speak English and have also became fluent in redneck and Ebonics, but I still have trouble with dialects for Wisconsin and Boston, though I'm working hard on it. Don't give up!
  14. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Fried or Broiled ?

stupid thread, looking forward to it going away and the OP's inevitable ban.

:ban:
  15. 4tun8

4tun8 New Member

Why don't you go back to pretending you have me on your ignore list. More like Crymore Trout am i rite?
  16. D-BOI

D-BOI Member

i dont think its a stupid thread at all i think there is alot of validity behind it. after all he has the right to speak his mind who are you to call him stupid if you dont like the comments then you can just not click the title next time. save yourself the headache and move on.
  17. hillbilie5.0

hillbilie5.0 Member

you know what grinds my gears. when you purchase a product in America and the main directions are in mexican or some crap and the secondary instructions, or the ones you have to search the manual for are the english ones.
  18. Ateup

Ateup Active Member

You know what grinds my gears? My crappy T3650. Seriously, my gears grind when I shift sometimes.
  19. sneaky98gt

sneaky98gt Mustang Master

20. D-BOI

D-BOI Member

You know what also grinds my gears is ****ing criminals.........i dont care if you speak martian only, just dont hurt anyone