You Want Loud? I'll Show You Loud. . ..

Discussion in '1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech' started by joeythesaint, May 29, 2005.

1. joeythesaint

joeythesaint New Member

Put a pair of washers under each plate of my cut-outs, so I'm putting about half the exhaust through the turbo mufflers and the other half through a pair of 2.5" straight pipes. When the secondaries kick in, it sounds like the end of the world. I guess it's the grown-up equivalent of putting baseball cards in the spokes. . . sure gets the ricer chumps' attention, though.

Starting it up, I set off someone's alarm last night. :D
  2. IICrazy

IICrazy taken away

I have electric exhaust cutouts waiting for the new exhaust, I think I want the muffled exhaust running out the back and the cutout going out the side of the car, so I can pull up next to some honda, and hit the switch and scare the **** out of him.
  3. 78Mach1

78Mach1 Founding Member

That's why I'm still looking for a set of side pipes the right length. First time a ricer comes up and 'farts" next to me I want to rattle hi windows worse than his stereo system :nice:
  4. Blue Thunder

Blue Thunder Active Member

Some cop accused me of running open headers once. haha. I wish I had electric exhaust dumps to show him the difference between a full exhaust and open headers.
  5. 74ProII

74ProII Founding Member

It will be interesting when I finally put mine back together. My ex setup (sonic turbos with turndown foward of the axle) would set off car alarms just by turning over before it started. It was fun...