You won't believe what I saw yesterday!!

steel1212

Jun 24, 2004
Frankfort, Ky
Ok so I'm going down to kentucky mustang to get my 8 inch rear and while I was down there we had to look for my drive shaft as it got missplaced. Well we go into the garage where they where working on a couple of cars. One of which was a 66 coupe. Listen to the mods on this baby!

9 inch rear
discs all the way around
t-5 tranny
I think it had a custom drive shaft
and the engine.......
what a massive engine.......
it had 3 carbs
monster cam
the guy was afraid it was going to trash the tranny (the owner not the kentucky mustang guys)
what engine you ask...

200 cid!!!
with 3 one barrels!!!

All that stuff for that motor.
It was kinda of diffrent though.
:spot:

• Sponsors (?)

I saw one like this in one of the stang mags a few years back. It had an Offie intake made for triple Weber monos. It sported a progressive linkage and was topped off a cobra style oval air cleaner. The article also said they used 170 heads because the flow and compression was better.

Ozsum2 said:
Yea, that's why so many guys are doing the 6 to 8 conversion.

Like me. But that will come in a year or two. For now, i have the bulletproof, high torque six in there. Not much for horsepower...but dead reliable. I will be rebuilding mine here soon, I will try to keep records of what I do incase anyone is interested. Although i am not promising a tri carb heavycam six. But it will get me from A to B until money is all clear for what I want to build.

Go racing with the I6??

I was checking out the local speed shop here which pretty much supplies all the racers in the city and mentioned the 6 - 8 conversion for the vintage races here. The guy pointed to a shiny new Offy and said - forget the 8, keep the 6 and run in a different class. We'll get the off, three duces, a cam - just let me know when you are ready to go. :D

After I left the shop the more and more and I thought about it, the better it sounded. My street car has the six and is a blast around town, when I find my track project next it most likely will be a coupe and probably a six cyl. beacuse everything else will be too $. I think the I6 in a coupe will be a fun and reliable race car.

(PS - Probably will be hard to beat the 2 Sunbeam Tigers here anyway with an 8, could do my part to chew up some Brit iron to help the Blue oval out :rlaugh: )

Yeah, it was diffrent and would be a fun car to drive I think but.....if I'm only going to have one car its going to be a V8 and thats just me. For me personally no matter what you do to a 200 cid its still just a 6 cyl. It definatly would be cool though to bust somebody ass on the street and then pop the hood and show them you beefed up I6 :banana: