Your opinion in the HOTTEST color Red.

I wanna get everyones opinion. What is the hottest color of Red paint you have seen on a car. I'm looking into painting my in about a month and I'm looking for a nice, hot, bright, eye-catching red paint for my stang. Please post what you think is a "hot red". Pictures too if possible. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Well everyone tells me its mine. I agree but I am partial. LOL
Mine is GM Torch Red
feb27%202.JPG

feb27%204.JPG

feb27.JPG

feb%2027%208.JPG

I try to gets pics of it in the SUN but it makes the camera wash out cause its so bright

feb%2027%205.JPG

johnt785 said:
Is the GM Torch Red the same color as the new Camaro and Corvette's red?

Well we painted it 3 yrs ago and at that time it was the vettes color. We put 2 coats of white under it to make it realy bright. :D

Well the red paint is dupont its almost 300 a gallon. The clear was dupont I think it was 160.00. The white was a cheap base coat paint. In materials we had about 600.oo My buddy is a painter he painted it for cheap for me. But if you had it done expect to pay 2000.00 or more for a reputable place to do it. and i think thats on the cheap side.

IndyBlk5.0 said:
yup, shawns car is BRIGHT red, and turns a lot of heads, if that is what your after. (although i really dont think its the paint that turns the heads, its the car) :nice:

Well the color made a huge differnce in the head turning catagory. :hail2:

Wow, 2000 bucks. I keep looking at your pictures and 2000 seems worth it. Thats a beautiful color! So having a shop do it for me, like the whole jest sanding/ priming/ and the painting I'm looking about $2000 cheapest? What if i were to do the sanding and priming myself and have the shop do the painting? Sorry, I'm a noobie when it comes to painting.

I wouldnt prep it your self. The prep work is the most crucial part. Lowsey prep means the paint will look lowsy too. I guess my best advice is Go to a good body shop for estimates and see.

not in the shade. Hows it look in the sun? Maybe I have the colors mixed up. There was a post on this subject in the talk section before and a guy posted a car and said it was vibrant red but in the sun it looked very orange.