Your Opinion On How This Would Sound..

Albizo66

Sep 12, 2004
I recently purchased a used 2000 Black Mustang GT and the first thing I want to do to it is put a whole new exhaust system in. How do you guys think this would sound.. A pair of Hooker Longtube Headers, Straight Pipes (as my mid pipe) into SLP Loudmouth Catback Exhaust? I know that this is going to be real loud, and thats exactly what I want, but what do you guys think?

PS..I will be doin other mods..don't worry, I plan on maknig this a beast :D

• Sponsors (?)

That hurts because I already purchased everything. But, would this give me the gutteral (gurgle) sound that I want, that sounds just straight up ballsy? Because the town I live in is small, and I know all of the cops, and they would pull me over, but more to compliment then to write me a ticket.

Anyways..you really think it would sound that intense?

streetstang03 said:
going to sound like a redneck truck. pick a catback that will give you some tone and loudness instead of just loudness.

:stupid:

With that catback its going to sound like straight-pipes all the way... tons of popping and cracking and a whole lotta ass. IMO I'd get an American Thunder catback... would have more definition and be a lot more mean sounding IMO.

BTW, if you already ordered everything, why did you come on here to ask our opinion of how it would sound? :shrug:

Because, no offense to you guys and your opinions, I was going to go with this set up no matter what. I just wanted to know what the more knowledgeable mustang guys would think it would sound like, and if it was too serious, what other catbacks i could get..because i'm definaetly gettin the Hooker headers and the straight pipes as my mid pipe because my dream car is a '69 Chevell SS 396 and i want that raw power sound to it. and i'm actually kinda happy that it's gonan have all that "crackling, popping, and a whole lotta ass"..lol..because to me..thats pure power and thats saying to rice burners "I dare you to pull up next to me."

But PLEASE keep your opinions coming..Thanks.

Albizo66 said:
Because, no offense to you guys and your opinions, I was going to go with this set up no matter what. I just wanted to know what the more knowledgeable mustang guys would think it would sound like, and if it was too serious, what other catbacks i could get..because i'm definaetly gettin the Hooker headers and the straight pipes as my mid pipe because my dream car is a '69 Chevell SS 396 and i want that raw power sound to it. and i'm actually kinda happy that it's gonan have all that "crackling, popping, and a whole lotta ass"..lol..because to me..thats pure power and thats saying to rice burners "I dare you to pull up next to me."

But PLEASE keep your opinions coming..Thanks.

It wouldn't necessarily be my taste, but I can't really discount it because I haven't actually heard it. However, it sounds like it will be perfect for you, based on what you described.

Be sure to post after you have everything installed. I'm interested to hear some sound clips!

BTW, there is a clip floating around here somewhere of someone who has a cammed GT w/ the SLP exhaust, and it sounds like the gates of Hell have opened up when he revs it. I kid you not. Do a search, you may be able to find it.

See to me pure noise and gurgle is pure power..having tone is containing the beastly-ness of your car.. and no i meant straight pipes, not off road..and I just heard a clip of full SLP exhaust..and damn..my two neighbors are 8 years old and 2 years old..they are deaf (but they had som surgery so they can hear) but thats besides the point, they are deaf..and if I got full SLP exhaust, I think i could wake them up coming home late at night... here's the clip.

http://www.eastcoaststang.com/nitrolew.mpg

And this is with an x or h pipe..when i go straight..wow

Albizo66 said:
See to me pure noise and gurgle is pure power..having tone is containing the beastly-ness of your car.. and no i meant straight pipes, not off road..and I just heard a clip of full SLP exhaust..and damn..my two neighbors are 8 years old and 2 years old..they are deaf (but they had som surgery so they can hear) but thats besides the point, they are deaf..and if I got full SLP exhaust, I think i could wake them up coming home late at night... here's the clip.

http://www.eastcoaststang.com/nitrolew.mpg

And this is with an x or h pipe..when i go straight..wow

I heard that a little bit ago.. Its Absolutly Insane (In a bad way). If i had something like that.. i'm sure the cops would be after me.. AND I WOULDN'T BLAME THEM!!! lol

Hahahah..I wouldn't blame them either..to me though..as I've previously stated..that is just damn insane and BALLSY..it may not be your guys taste..but for me..I really like that gurlge..thats my kinda sound because its like it used to be back in 60's and early 70's.."The Muscle Car Era." Another reason why it may sound so good to me is that I'm a 17 year old guy that loves making noise and is someone who likes attentoin, and while not being a rebel, i;m rebelious enough to want that kind of loudness just so i could **** on rice burners and wake up my entire neighborrhood..although the Borla and the Flowmaster sound damn good..to me, SLP has that gurgle that satisfies my hunger for gurgle and noise.

Albizo66 said:
i;m rebelious enough to want that kind of loudness just so i could **** on rice burners and wake up my entire neighborrhood.

Two things...

1) Exhaust is not enough to crap on rice burners, sadly enough some guys/ladies actually spend a lot of money and time on their "ricers" and can possibly whoop all over our gt's :shrug:

2) Be carefull waking up your entire neighborhood. You may wake up one morning with slashed tires or a brick thru your windows :(

-J