Your Opinion

Distros

Mar 31, 2005
I am debating on either a 03-04 Cobra or a 06 Gt. What would you guys do? Went to dealership and they said I could place an order on the 06 Mustang Gt and wouldnt have to pay anything over the sticker price but wouldnt get it till Sept.

• Sponsors (?)

Distros said:
I am debating on either a 03-04 Cobra or a 06 Gt. What would you guys do? Went to dealership and they said I could place an order on the 06 Mustang Gt and wouldnt have to pay anything over the sticker price but wouldnt get it till Sept.

Distros,

What price are you looking at getting the 03/04 Cobra for? If it was me, I would get the Cobra! Hands down :hail2:

The SVT engineering of the Cobra stands for itself. If you can get an 04 Cobra for $30,000 or under...I would highly suggest getting it and enjoying the feeling of owning a limited production Eaton Supercharged vehicle with 390HP/TQ. :D

Just my humble opinion,
Jennifer

Distros said:
well the big question is what do you want.

Ultimatly the blower engine in the Cobra will produce more power for less money and the Cobra's look real badass.

BUT

The Cobra is an old car, even a brand new 04 model is still in reality a very old car underneath, the 05/6 is a completly different generation of car.

With a few mods you should see some very respectable performance from the 06.

So what do you want, as only your opinion is really important at the end of the day.

I guess it depends on if you like the new body better or worse than the cobra one
If you like the look of the new stang more does it outweight the performance of the cobra? These are questions you should ask yourself since i was thinking the same thing recently
I just decided that the 06 mustang just looks better to me and has enough performance to satisfy me

Klay said:
I guess it depends on if you like the new body better or worse than the cobra one
If you like the look of the new stang more does it outweight the performance of the cobra? These are questions you should ask yourself since i was thinking the same thing recently
I just decided that the 06 mustang just looks better to me and has enough performance to satisfy me

Exactly how I felt. That and I didn't want a used car.

I sold a 16,000 mi 1989 Saleen SSC for one reason "2005 black on black Mustang GT"

sold the SSC Jan 27
ordered '05 jan 29
'05 delivered april 11

1050 mi. and today its the best car i've owned, selling the SSC was hard but more then worth it.

test drive an '05 or '06 GT if you can (sorry to say to any pre '05 owners)
there is no comparison on most every aspect of car

get an 05 or 06 now and in a few years the cobra's will likley be on the low side of price the wave, pick one up then for collector/fun purposes