Your opinions of this Intake/Cam/Head combo...

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by 68keyblr, May 29, 2006.

1. I'm pulling the mill from my Daily Driver '88 GT next week for a rebuild and have an opportunity to purchase the following TrickFlow setup for a good price:

Heads: Twisted Wedge Aluminum, Assembled, 61cc Chamber, 170cc Intake Runner. 2.02/1.60 valves

Rocker Arms: TrickFlow Stud Mount, Full Roller, Aluminum, 1.6 Ratio, Fits 3/8 in. Stud

Cam: TrickFlow Hydraulic Roller Tappet, Advertised Duration 275/279, Lift .499/.510

Intake Manifold: TrickFlow Street EFI, Aluminum, Silver Powdercoated, Multi-port, Ford, Mustang, 5.0L, Kit

Is anyone running this setup? How is behavior for the street? I'd like around 300 rwhp...Can anyone guesstimate HP/Torque numbers?

2. There are plenty of people right here running the very same set up and producing the hp/tq your looking for. I have a friend with the stage 1 cam and street heat and it is very well manered on the street. If its a good price and it will fit what you want I;d say go with it.:nice:

3. Looks like the "Street Heat" kit that they sell. It made 350/370 flywheel hp on their test engine, which should be able to make 300 rwhp with a good tune.

4. Yeah, that's the Street Heat kit. Lot's of people love that combo.

5. Great, thanks for the info guys! I'm going to go for it

6. What size throttle body should I use with this combo?