You've got to be kidding me.......

• Sponsors (?)

That's fishy as all hell to me. That car is stolen or something. You CAN get a replacement title...why wouldn't you be able to unless maybe the car isn't yours or maybe you've failed to make payments and they're trying to take it back and instead you're parting it out?

lol yeah I am pretty sure that is the same car that was on Ebay a few weeks ago. I called and got some bs about a title....you can file for a lost title, I have done it. I am baffled about it. Surely as dumb as a theif is, they wouldn't part a stolen car out on Craigslist....ok maybe they would....

I'm leaning more towards the repo thing. With the economy the way it is, i wouldn't put it past someone to part out a car before they let a dealership or bank repo it. I actually know a dead beat who was trying to sell a Trans Am with a "lost title" which was actually just being repo'ed.

I bet that car is stolen. Lost title...DMV won't give another???? :bs:

You can apply for a lost title. It costs $15 in my state. You can go get it the same day, or wait 4-6 weeks to get it in the mail. Then at the top of the new title, it says something like "This is a duplicate title...blblblblaaaabla bla"

I'd stay away from that car if you are a decent human being.