Z bar mod. Track car stuff..........

Hey, what's all that blobby looking stuff holding all that together? Looks like a mud dobber got loose in your engine compartment.

Your right.......that is mud dobber blobby stuff. I got it from the blobby shop down the street. Got to have it if you want the car to stay together!

Just so you know, I went down and got some non-blobby looking stuff from the store today. We were out drinking the other night and picked up some blobby looking stuff instead of the non-blobby looking stuff by mistake. Now I have to go back and replace all the blobby looking stuff with non-blobby looking stuff. What a pain in the ass, so don't drink and drive!

John

• Sponsors (?)

I'm just curious why everyone doesn't just run a cable clutch? Is there some kind of restriction on this type of mod in the class you race in? Once installed it is easier to adjust and easier to push......and in the remote chance you actually broke a cable you could change one out in a parking lot. I hate Z-bars altogether. I just built a complete custom setup for my care complete with removable aluminum quadrant and I could not be happier with the results. If I had to run a Z-bar I would be using an automatic.

Hey John, I was just giving you grief about the welds. One request though, in the future when you make mods (and PLEASE post them) could you maybe take the pics before you paint them black? Kinda hard to see what I'm looking at, but it does look awesome.

Ron, I thought he explained some of that earlier (or was that on the wide tire post). He showed some pics, pretty tight.

Im going to start the process of creating a z-bar that wont break.

I noticed in yours with the triangle welded in, that mine broke above where your triangle ends. I guess a lot of people have their break at the base where it meets the tube?

I'm thinking about buying 2 z-bar, and cut the bent section off of one and welded to the other, making 1 good strong one.

Any better ideas? I'm supprised noone sells an aftermarket z-bar as this has been a consistent problem for the past 40 years.....